My name is mouse and I am a baking addict

A nony mouse

Reaction score
I have a serious addiction...to baking. Cupcakes, cookies, brownies anything really. (I also tend to make rather huge batches so some of my friends are used to an 'A nony mouse' plate on their doorstep, but somehow they always know it's me!! :))

Does anyone else on here share my passion?! Does anyone have any recipes or tips for me?!?! Here is one I made last night for the weekend that I thought I would share...

x mouse x

CHOCOLATE PECAN PIE

2 tablespoons margarine
1 cup semisweet choc chips divided
3 large eggs, lightly beaten
1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1 cup golden syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups pecan halves (i used a bit less)

1 9 inch deep dish unbaked pie crust
(sometimes if I am feeling extravagant I will make my own pastry and make my own crust but a ready made one will do the same job!!)

heat oven to 175.
  • melt marge in a medium saucepan and add half choc chips. stir until smooth and remove from heat
  • brush bottom of pie crust with bit of beaten egg.
  • add brown sugar, syrup, vanilla and remaining eggs into the choc mixture in the saucepan.
  • stir until combined very well and eggs no longer visible.
  • blend in pecans and remaining choc chips.
  • pour into crust - I always put the pie on a baking sheet too because then it is easier to get in and out of the oven because the filling is very runny
  • bake for 50/55mins - it will rise up like crazy but it will return to flat when it cools.
  • enjoy :hugs:

Oh wow that sounds delicious!!!

No tips or anything from me I'm afraid, I always want to do some baking but never get round to it - I'm looking forward to going on Mat leave so I can go through some of my much neglected cookery books!

oooh thanks I love baking too
I'm also looking forward to maternity leave to cook up meals ready for freezer for the OH and kids, (or he will do oven chips while I am in hospital (every night!).

I might try that recipe you know sounds yummy - thanks

I bake alot of muffins or cakes with older kids, and pickles and quiches etc , but need to get into buiscuits more too

I dont have time to bake although I enjoy it..

wish you lived on my street!

I too am a baking addict!

This weekend it was crumpets, chocolate brownies, profiteroles and dinosaur shaped fairy cakes!

I would love to say I give it away but I can't - I scoffed the lot and loved it!

Hey Mouse....meet your mate..... I am a bakeaholic....cookaholic and a makaholic!

I make celebration towew cakes as well as traditional elebration cakes and am well into crafting and craft fairs, summer fairs christmas fairs you name it Im there!!
Would love to trade some recipes with you...xxx

Same here I bake mainly french cakes like "Mille feuille" or "tourman d'amour" because my husband is french and I started baking when we first met back in the france southern area 10 years ago;)

miller feuille are the best...have you ever had the ones from pattiserie vallerie? Oh gosh they are amazing. Did you watch any of the Great British Bake off?! Some amazing baking!

mmm what a yummy recipie will have to give it a go! I love baking too, scones are a particular favourite :) my husband is getting me a kitchenaid mixer for my christmas present this year, i am very very excited thinking about all the batches of baking I can do for new year :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back