Caaaaaake!

inky

Reaction score
We're having little family do for LOs 1st bday on sat and I'm baking my very first bday cake :)

I'm making a sponge with jam and cream in the middle then frosting and decorating etc. My question.....I'm not around tomorrow and have to leave early on sat, if I do the cream and frosting this afternoon will it keep until Saturday? Do I have to put it in the fridge afterwards?

I'm completely clueless lol! Any help gratefully received :wave:

Are you thinking buttercream or fresh whipped cream?

It's long life whipping cream :)

I just looked, it just consume within 3 days of opening, but nothing about how long once whipped

i would say that the frosting would probably be ok but the whipped cream might have to be done on friday night as i think it might go abit sour otherwise

The problem with fresh whipped cream is that it doesn't hold the air bubbles that make it whippy for several days! The cream would def stay fresh, and would need to be kept refrigerated (once open, long life stuff usually needs to be kept in the fridge) You can add icing sugar to it, and it'll hold for longer but i don't know how long for.

Cakes you buy in shops tend to have additives in the cream to ensure that the cream stays whipped, you really need to see if you can find a recipe for stuff that will hold a while, or use buttercream (which doesn't need to be in the fridge because of the high sugar content, unless its boiling weather)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back