Well here's my borth story!

Lindsay

Reaction score
Hi ladies

Thanks for all your good wishes. I am now back at home with my little fella, who if I say so myself is absolutley adorable!!

I can't believe that after my moaning message yesterday it happened for me! I had been having period cramps for the past couple of days but didn't think anything of them and on Tuesday night I had been having a lot of Braxton Hicks but again didn't think much of them. After I emailed on here yesterday morning, I went upsatairs to do a bit of housework and by the time DH got in from work at 10am I was in a bit of period cramp pain, at 11.30am I said that i couldn't carry on with the housework and I had to go in the bath, Dh timed the pains and they were coming every 5-8 minutes so he told me to ring the hospital for some advice. I didn't want to ring them though cos I didn't want them to think Iwas mithering them. I finally rang them at 11.45 and they asked me to come in to be assessed, they were worried that the baby was back to back and so wanted to listen for his heartbeat. I finished getting ready(had to dry my hair etc!!) and got to the hospital at 12.45 and was really struggling to walk from the carpark to the main entrance. They hooked me up to a monitor and baby was fine, they then did an internal and told me that I was 8cm dialted :shock: they took me round to the delivery suite and told me to get comfortable. I had to ring my mum as she was my other birthing partner so she had to race out of work!!! I bounced on the birthing ball for a little while but found it most comfortable to sit on the edge of the bed with my legs dangling off the side while holding DH hands very very tightly. I finally gave birth to my bouncing baby boy at 4.41pm without any pain relief at all - well I tried gas and air for 2 contractions but found it easier without anything and just concentrated on my breathing throughout each one.

I tore quite badly in two places and so had to go and be stitched up by a doctor - I used the gas and air more for this which wasn't a nice experience which has now left me walking round like John Wayne, lol!!!!

Anyway sorry for the really long post wanted to share my full story with you. When I get myself organised, I will post some piccies of my little man!!

Xxx

WOW Lindsey, congratulations.........it only seems like yeaterday you got your BFP and now look at us all!! So pleased for you that your labour was fairly quick - hope its like that for me!! Can't wait to see the piccys of little Jacob.

xxxxx

well done lindsey, you done great :clap:
what a great fast birth, similer to mine lol not wanting to bother the hospital incase it wasnt the real thing then getting there at 8cm :shock:

you must be so proud, is it nice to be able to breath again? :lol:

cant wait to see pics :dance:

Great birth story!! Well done you.

.........it only seems like yeaterday you got your BFP

I'll second that. Can't believe how time flies.

congratluations hunni and welcome to the new baby club!!

I tore quite badly in two places and so had to go and be stitched up by a doctor - I used the gas and air more for this which wasn't a nice experience which has now left me walking round like John Wayne, lol!!!!
i was the same hun dont worry bout it, good excuse to have people run round after u lol

congratulations and well done hun :clap: :dance:

glad it was a quick delivery 4 ya :D

xxx

Linsay congratulations! :dance: :dance:
I really hope my birth goes as smoothly as yours went. :pray:

How much did he weigh ?
Cant wait for the piccie's!. :dance:

Thanks for your messages guys - I am still shell shocked by it all to be honest, can't believe that he is finally here!

There was only one scary moment in labour and that was when I was told I could start pushing - I pushed quite hard and must have startled him cos his heartbeat dropped from 155 to 78 - they pressed the emergency buzzer and within seconds the room was full of doctors etc - I was panicking asking what was wrong with my baby and being told that there was nothing wrong - but within minutes it stabilised again and I was left alone to push!!!!

angie - he was a whopping 8lb 14, my little chunky monkey!!!

Xxx

congratulations!!!! I look forward to seeing the pics!

Oh fantastic lindsay, at least he's here now and you can munch him all you want! :dance:

Well get some well earned rest and take care of both of you. :wink:

I am so pleased for you hun!!!
:dance: :dance:
What a lovely quick birth shame about the tare!!! cant wait to see the pics xxxxxxx

Congratulations Lindsay & DH!!!

I can't believe it, it doesn't seem that long since we were in the TTC Buddies room and now you have your baby.

What a fantastic birth story too, I'm clinging on to these positive stories.

You did so well!

Enjoy your little bundle of joy, look forward to seeing some photos soon.

Wow Lindsay, that's a great birth story!!

I hope I have a similar experience. :pray:

I'm really pleased you had a positive birth....and no pain relief....very impressed!! :clap:

Congratulations again and enjoy your little man!

Take care

xxx

Congrats! He sounds gorgeous, big and healthy. Can't wait to see the pics! :D

Great story Lindsay, gld you are both home safe and well. Hope you are not too sore and that you are enjoying life with your little family. Can't wait to see piccies!!

Congratulations Lindsay...........I hope my labour is as quick as that, can't wait to see the pics!!!!!!!!

Lovely name by the way!

Amy xx

Congratulations Lindsay on the birth of your
bcbbboy2.gif

What a quick labour! - Just sorry to read you tore quite badly - Your little man is more than worth it I imagine!
What a good weight too - I bet he's a cutie!

Wow, a huge congrats to you hun, really pleased for you, can't wait to see some piccies.

Nicki.xxx :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back