Weird names...

I know of a woman who called her daughter Lana even after being informed that it spells anal backwards... I always thought that to be a little strange, and mean tbh.. but then again the woman in question is a complete twunt..

:rotfl: that made me giggle, why would you do that to your child? xx

That's what I thought when I heard, especially as she was still pregnant when it came up..

I have nothing against strange names at all, I especially love the names you've chosen Lanny, but I do think some people can go a bit over board with them.. but hey ho each to their own and the kids have always got the option to get them changed when they're older.

According to them it's a traditional Cornish name
My brother-in-law wanted to call his son Denzel because that is apparently a traditional Cornish name and he's Cornish. It got vetoed though as the only person who we've ever heard of called Denzel is Denzel Washington. It suits Mr Washington, but it just didn't seem right on a very pale light blonde little lad, who doesn't even live in Cornwall despite his father's heritage!

my cousin has a little boy and she named him 'Shem' that's on my mums side of the family. one of my cousins on my dads side called her BOY - Chelsea-Blue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock:

Lol chelsea blue!!

One of my cousins gave their child the middle name zetsi.

Just to defend d irish on here cushla is a irish name that means something to do with d heart from memory but I have never ever heard of anyone being called it and hope i never do again LOL the only place it is acceptable is where they only speak Irish as there first language

Im all for having a nice Irish name but the emphasis is on Nice :)

I know a Cushla and the first time I heard it I asked for it to be repeated lol it reminds me of cushion..

I do prefer more unique names but some are just a bit too much IMO, like Peaches lol

i know someone that worked at the local register office and saw a baby called hannah montana, montana bein the middle name and the surname was something like smith.

I know a girl called Seosaimhin (irish for Josephine) pronounced Shaws-a-veen.. I'm all for irish names, I plan for all of my children to have one but some are just not to my taste. There is also Seosamh which is the irish of Joseph and it's pronounced Shaw-su x

Some Irish names are beautiful, LOVE Niamh (though whoever decided on the English spelling should actually be shot!

My cousin has called his daughter Mary Jane :rolleyes: and is having another one called Eva-Tonia (like Everton football team)

I also knew a couple who called their twin daughters Sam + Ella, before being informed by a friend at the Christening that it sounded ALOT like Salmonela...

Oh and i also know a Mescalina Sunburst (first and second names) and a multitude of little boys/girls called phoenix and storm etc

I met a guy called Hilar (like Hilarious) once at a festival which provided endless entertainment for all of an hour

Hippies are weirdos and call their kids the strangest names :)

Oh and i also know a Mescalina Sunburst (first and second names) and a multitude of little boys/girls called phoenix and storm etc

isnt mescaline a drug or something? lol i know a lot of ppl calling their daughters summer or storm or autumn in the hopes of being origional. shame they did it at similar times lol.

my friend cursed her poor child with renesmee out of twilight, shame really, such a cute lil girl.

Renesmee?!?!?! Oh dear lord.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back