weird discomfort almost painful in bump

Frankie_Lou

Reaction score
Just wondered if any of you ladies knew what this is.
Every few days over the last week I keep getting a really tight feeling in my bump and it goes solid like a rock, it only lasts a few minutes but depending on how I'm stood/sat can be almost painful. Its uncomfortable every time but only lasts a few minutes then doesn't happen again for hours or days. The first time I thought it was cos of my full bladder but its happening now when its empty (or as empty as a pregnant bladder will ever be!).
I don't feel concerned enough to call the midwife as LO feels fine still.kicking away and also my midwife is a nightmare to get hold of and a bit useless when you do x

Sounds like Braxton hicks which can happen quite early on and continue until your ready to deliver. My friend has had them since about 18 week...could be wrong, is still check with midwife xx

Definitely sounds like Braxton Hicks. I've had them for 2 or 3 weeks now. Set off by exercise (especially cycling - don't think bump likes being kneed), full bladder and sex. I'm just trying to ignore them. Like you, everything else going fine.

I've been getting it aswell for a good few weeks and everything is fine :) xx

Thanks for your replies.
Bloody braxton hicks, they're so annoying! I don't know what I do to set them off though, I'm the kind of girl that's allergic to excercise lol an we haven't had sex since before they started. I'm not very amused at the thought of another 20 weeks of them before having to deal with proper contractions!

I had them twice somewhere around the 20 week mark but haven't had them since x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

I think I may have had this today, got such a sharp pain which went as soon as it came x

Deffo BH.
Am I the only one who loves the feeling of BH? Love it when bump goes solid then slowly releases, aaaaaaaaahhhhh x (yes I'm mad) xxx

Deffo BH.
Am I the only one who loves the feeling of BH? Love it when bump goes solid then slowly releases, aaaaaaaaahhhhh x (yes I'm mad) xxx

I kinda liked it too lol x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back