Weight loss after pregnancy?

xJodieLoux

Reaction score
Just wondering how long it took you to lose weight after pregnancy and did it come off easy or did you have to work for it?

I've put over 4 stone on now and I feel like a whale :(

I was very lucky and lost it very quickly. I have no idea how much weight i put on during pregnancy, i was never weighed and my batteries on my scales died. But 2 weeks after birth i was a stone lighter than before pregnant. But i'm putting back on now. Coz she isn't active at the mo neither am i, and i sit and eat crap all day!

Prior to getting pregnant I was 10st after having my daughter I seemed to stick at around 10 and a half stone. I didn't put any work into losing the weight it just came off with eating sensibly and probably breastfeeding for 13 months. I lost the extra 1/2 stone when i got pregnant again!!

I think it varies from woman to woman, we are all different, I have some friends who were back in their size 8 jeans 2 days after having their babies and others like me who never felt comfy in their pre pregnancy jeans.

I was never weighed with my first pregnancy but I think I put on around maybe 2 stone or just under.

Good luck and try not to worry about loosing the weight, just enjoy this special time and enjoy your baby when they arrive. :hug:

i lost a stone just giving birth , but ive gained 2 stone since , its piling on not coming off :cry:

with all my pregnancies i put on nearly 3 stone with all of them, i lost just over a stone in the first week then at 6 weeks after birth id lost all my baby weight just had a bit of a jelly belly for a while

I probably put on about the same, 4 stone. I lost 2 and a half within a week of giving birth (!) but have since put the half back on. Seeing as I was about a stone or so overweight before I was pregnant I now have about 3 to lose. Joy!

One of my friends who was breastfeeding, though, put on about 3 stone. She lost one and a half immediately (fluid etc) and then lost another 2 and a half in the 7 months she's been feeding!

i put on over 4 stone i was 11 and a half at full term :shock:

2 stone fell off me in 2 weeks without even trying, the other 2 i had to work at i was below 8st again by february i believe BFing helped a lot :)

I thought that I would have to work hard to loose pregnancy weight (2.2 stones) but it has just off naturally. LO has been sucking me dry :rotfl: so BF definitely helps.

I am back in my size 6 and have been since 5 - 6 after labour.

Having said that, I have always been slim and I believe most people find it harder to loose weight. During pregnancy I would feel weak and dizzy so that helped me to eat enough. After giving birth I have gone back to my pre-pregnancy state and I could go half day or more without eating and not to even notice it. I have to remind myself to eat as I am bf:ing!

You won't have time to worry about your weight...

Thank's for the replies.

I do plan to BF so hopefully that will help me, plus I plan to do alot of walking with the pram. I'm hoping to lose about 2 and half stone by christmas without having to try too hard, then after christmas I will really go for it.

i put on just over 7 stone in pregnancy (i really was a whale) ive since lost just over 3 stone quite easily just not eating crap and drinking water,
still got a long way to go but if i hadnt put so much on i would of lost it all now
xx

I was 9st when i got pregnant, 11st when i had her. 10 st when i left hossi say 2 days after birth, and 2 weeks after i was 9 and a half stone, not sure what i am now but it's coming off well

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back