• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Weight gain

moss

Reaction score
I haven't been weighed since my booking in appointment which was when I was at 15 weeks. This weekend, we bought a scale and I realised that I have gained 43 pounds total since before I was pregnant! I gained almost 29 of that since my 15 week appointment. I know everyone is different, but I was a pretty normal weight in the beginning (5'7'' and 147 pounds) and I read that the average weight gain for twins is between something and 40 pounds for the entire pregnancy... I am NOT having twins and I still have ten weeks to go! I'm scared now! If you don't mind sharing, how much have you gained and does my weight gain sound like a lot? (I haven't been pigging out at all, by the way, apart from once for my husband's birthday, which was after I weighed myself!)

I finally braved the scales at my mums over the weekend and i have put on a stone and have 10 weeks to go.
Not sure how my weight gain is compared to others but i'm guessing we will all be different.
I feel all baby apart from the double chin that has appeared............lol

I've gained between 2 stone and 2 1/2 ...what's that in lb's????.....around 35lb. :shock: I know some people gain more and some people much less but I think as long as you haven't sat pigging out all day then it'll be fine. MW's don't even weigh you anymore cos every woman is different. :D

I've gained 7.5 kg or 18 lb. up until now that has been bump but today i put on my combats and they are tight around the thighs so i guess i am now gaining weight on me.

I started paranoid cos i only gained 1 lb up until 18 weeks, but my docter reassured me it doesn't amtter how much you gain (or not) as long as you eat well and healthy. Getting the right amount of food groups (proteins, dairy etc) is way more important, so hide the scales at the back of the cupboard!

sandi

Just weighed myself this morning and I've put on another 3lbs in 3 days :cry: Taking my total to 40lbs :oops: I am praying she comes a couple of weeks early, I don't know how much more of this weight gain I can take.

From now on I'm swapping all snacks for fruit, wonder how long that will last :roll:

Trust me everybody is different in their weight gain stakes - i gained 5lb for the total pregnancy - but then i was overweight anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back