Weight gain...??

Bella83

Reaction score
Hi girls,
I was just wandering how much weight I should or shouldn't be gaining. I'm nrly 20wks and weighed myself for only the 2nd time since being pregnant. I have put on 6lbs so far which isn't enough apparently.
Apparently you should out on 5 lb in first tri then 1 lb a week after that. If that's right I'm about 1/2 stone off!
I don't think I could eat anymore than I am!! As it is im eating double what I used to and I'm still hungry all the time.

Hi Bella,

Everyone is different. It depends on your build, starting weight before pregnancy, metabolism etc etc...so many different factors. The guidelines are that anything from 25Ibs to 35Ibs overall weight gain over your entire pregnancy. They do say in first tri you gain anything from zero (some lose weight due to sickness!) to 5Ibs. Then 1 Ib a week after first tri.
I really wouldnt worry too much, as long as you are eating healthy, getting all the nutrients, and your midwife is happy, then you have nothing to worry about!!
I am almost 15 weeks and have gained about 5 Ib so far. We are all different!
xxxx

I started off at 9.2 stone and now I fluctuate between 10.6-10.8 stone so I've put on loads! Doh

I wouldnt worry i got to 20 weeks and only put on half a stone which took me to 7.5 stone now according to my nanas scales in 9 stone, im hoping they werwe wrong lol xd

I wouldnt worry i got to 20 weeks and only put on half a stone which took me to 7.5 stone now according to my nanas scales in 9 stone, im hoping they werwe wrong lol xd

7.5 stone at 20 weeks?! Wow, I was that at my 'wedding weight'. You must just be all bump xx

I've lost a stone and 3 pounds since being pregnant due to sickness but luckily I'm tall and my bmi is still quite healthy. I'm expecting to wake up some day huge lol as my appetite is def back! It def differs from lady to lady so aslong as your midwife isn't concerned then u shouldn't worry either :) xxxx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

I have been being careful...my SIL put on 5 1/2 stone and she was only 7 stone to start with and iv seen how mich she has struggled to loose it all. But I'm sitting here with a Mars Ice Cream...figured it wouldn't hurt!!

im pretty much all bump i hope

29 weeks.jpg

Im 19 weeks and not put on any weight at all yet, but my body shape has really changed, so Im not concerned.

I lost about 9 lb in the first month and last week I put about 2 lb of that back on. But as my bmi is a bit on the high side it's not a bad thing for me not to be putting weight on.

I've put on about 9lb in total. I've been eating healthily but not denied myself anything, had an icecream and chocolate cupcake today after breakfast :) Bubs is measuring fine and my midwife is happy, everyone's different hun xxx

I know I have gained more than a stone - and that was when I last dare weigh myself at 20 weeks! I have been too scared of the scales since, but I am mostly bump so I am not too worried.

Thankfully midwife hasn't weighed me yet - if you having all the normal symptons and blood pressure is ok I don't think you need to stress too much either way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back