I need a little motivation

maldives

Reaction score
For all second or more time mums, I have a question regarding weight gain during pregnancy, well I can't get pregnant now as i need to lose the weight first and make another smear test :(
any ways, My last pregnancy which was my first, I have gained a huge amount of weight around 25 kg :shock:
and i used to be a weight watcher pre pregnancy, eat healthy, exercise, but once i got pregnant i guess i gave myself a big holiday from all that and thought i will lose it easily later but sadly that's not the case.
I would like to avoid this next time so my question is, while ur pregnant if u did eat healthy but still feel hungry do u eat more? if u don't does it affect the baby despite eating enough and healthy?
who has succeeded to follow the ideal weight gain during pregnancy? gained only 12-13 kg? how did u do it ?

thanks ladies in advance :)

:?
I guess no one has followed an ideal pregnancy weight

TBH although there is a guideline amount I don't think you can apply it to every woman as a standard. We are all so different and our pregnancy weight gain is different. Where I gain size and weight, you may not. Where I don't drink fizzy suger filled drinks, you might. Same with foods.

Also metabolism can play its part. Some people can tuck into masses and never gain much excess, others have only to look at a lettuce leaf and gain a kilo :wall: And how active you are able to remain of course plays a part. Staying toned and generally fit.

They recommended a certain calorific intake when PG but its not massive. You don't need to eat for 2.

I'd say eat sensibly, exercise in moderation and just relax about what you may gain. You can't diet when PG and its not worth depriving your body of things it needs.

I was 11st 8lb at my booking in appointment but i never got weighed again so don't know what i went upto.

I now weigh 10st 2lb so over a stone lighter than pre pregnancy. I just ate whatever i wanted whenever i wanted. I didn't limit or restrict anything :)

I do think the weight loss is down to still breastfeeding and being a busy mummy though :hug: :hug:

well yeah I know these information but still didn't find my answer :think:
I know each one is different and every one is unique in their cravings, but wondered if anyone went into a pregnancy diet (not to lose weight) but to maintain a healthy weight gain only.
any ways i think i've eaten lots of junk last time. next time i'll try my best to make it healthier and im sure i will be more active as i have a baby now. I will miss my time to relax i guess,

Some have but they have not replied here to you for whatever reason. May be they are busy and not visiting the boards atm.

Eating healthily and not overeating will probably ensure you don't gain masses of extra weight when PG. It can be done. You can also discuss with your MW about this and they can advise you. TBH though if you are not overweight before getting PG and don't then pig out or eat crap once PG you should probably not gain masses of extra weight. You still need to increase your calorie intake a bit and eat starchy foods like pasta but avoid all the sugary pointless calories and crap in processed and junk food.

I know lots of women who were average weight and gained only the average weight when PG. They just carried on as before and didn't pig out on crap once PG.

Thanks Sherlock,
I do feel a bit motivated now that it's not impossible. well i ate loads of junk especially crisps :wall:
I had a strong craving towards salt and viniger. this time i will find the best substitute to whatever i crave for when i get pregnant.
I wish we could crave on water LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back