Weeks/Months??

Merfairy

Reaction score
Hi, I am confused about how many months pregnant you are at how many weeks?

I read somewhere that we are actually pregnant for 10 months (from conception) and not 9, which kinda makes sense; but we are measured from our last period when we see the doctor and not from conception as conception date is unknown often. I am 26 weeks tomorrow according to GP, and I wonder how many months does that make me is it 5.5 months (according to dates from my last period).

I have recollection of conception at being around the 15th October ish (I think)... so I may be actually around 29 weeks and not 26.. according to conception... is all quite confusing!

Anyone got any thoughts on this??

hugs :wall2:

I was just thinking the same the other day. I hate it when people say how far along cos I replied 4months and she was like "oh you look 6 months" - I'm not sure either how many months = weeks. People who have had kids know when you say I'm 18 weeks but people who dont

i always use weeks to.. its 40 weeks really.x

I just go by weeks cos if I was to tell someone I'm 8 months this Saturday it's like I am due in a month when in fact i will have 8 weeks left. People just don't realise that pregnancy is longer than 9 months xx

Glad that ones cleared up!! Marvellous, TY xx

I count myself as being currently 7 months as I concieved early sept :)

I count months pregnant as callender months.....

saying 30 weeks is alot easier tho lol

Last edited:
Hey Savvy, I am due exactly 4 weeks after you!! xx

Pregnancy is 9 months!!! It's just you are all assuming that a month is 4 weeks and it isn't - sometimes they are 5 weeks. 40 weeks divided by 9 = 4.4 weeks per month average. The best way to work out how many months you are is just go by your due date...so I am due on 24th April, so on 24th March I was 8 months pregnant. Emma you are not 8 months pregnant till April 28th!! xx

Yeah 40 weeks is only 10 months if all months were exactly 28 days, which they aren't.

Also, you're only actually pregnant for 38 weeks because you get them two first ones for free.

So to be very precise, 38(weeks of actual pregnancy) divided by 52(weeks in a year) means you're actually pregnant for almost 3/4 of a year, which is 9 months, not 10 :)

Im just gonna tell people how many weeks, cause I can't be bothered even trying to work it out :lol: xx :D

I just use the weeks and work back from due date so I'm due on 2nd may and will therefore be 8 months on 2nd April xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back