14 weeks 1 day :) - plus a question

amethyst_echidna

Reaction score
I had my scan today, I'm 14 weeks and 1 day pregnant.

I have a question though - the doctor said that the date of conception was 16th February plus or minus up to 5 days each side (so the 11th to the 21st). Given that, how likely is it that sex on the 23rd February resulted in the pregnancy? I'd have thought virtually none - am I right?

Thanks. :)

AMETHYST

My brain won't allow me to work it out :wall:

But dating scans are usually right so I'd just go with what the scan said to be honest! Very rarely are babies born on their due date anyway (typical, we patiently and eagerly wait for 40 weeks and they don't even arrive on the day we expect!) :lol:

Congratulations though!! xx

dannii87 said:
My brain won't allow me to work it out :wall:

:lol: I know it hurt my head for a while! I had sex between the 11th and the 13th, then again on the 21st and the 23rd. The 23rd is the only date that falls outside what the scan said.

Basically I'd have thought it'd be impossible to have conceived as a result of sex on the 23rd because the scan said the latest conception date would be the 21st. The 23rd is two days AFTER that, and that was the date I had sex. Sperm takes time to travel to meet the egg so maybe add another day... that would mean that it's impossible, right?! If sex on the 23rd could only result in conception on the 23rd-25th, and the LATEST possible date I could have conceived is the 21st.

It's confusing, isn't it?!! :wall:

AMETHYST

I am confused... From reading your post, I would guess that you conceived between the 11th and 13th...

Why do you think you conceived on the 23rd?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://healthlink.mcw.edu/article/923526833.html

use this link...

mines a day out, because my LMP was 29th Feb..
Which means i concieved about 12th feb, but i'm 14weeks 5days which means i convieved on 11th feb.. (i think) lol

hope this helps xx

(this is based on a 28day cycle.. what was yours)

Ani said:
I am confused... From reading your post, I would guess that you conceived between the 11th and 13th...

I don't think I conceived on the 23rd, I'm pretty certain it was between the 11th and 13th. I'm just wondering if there was ANY chance that sex on the 23rd resulted in the pregnancy. :)

AMETHYST

charlotteheys85 said:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://healthlink.mcw.edu/article/923526833.html

use this link...

Thanks. :) My LMP was about the 4th Feb but according to the scan I was 14 weeks 1 day yesterday which would make the LMP 31st Jan if you count back 14 weeks 1 day. I guess this must mean I'm an early ovulator as I must have conceived earlier on in my cycle (the date calculator gives the 18th Feb, whereas the doc at the scan said 16th Feb).

I have no idea whether I'm a 28 day cycle because I was on depoprovera until a year ago and my periods have been really screwy since! :lol:

AMETHYST

It is abit confusing but:

If you ovulated on the 21st then you could have conceived on the 23rd.

If it was 11th or 13th Feb you would have only of been 11or13 days so seems alittle early to me.

Either way have a healthy and happy time :cheer:

Jollypops said:
It is abit confusing but:

If you ovulated on the 21st then you could have conceived on the 23rd.

If it was 11th or 13th Feb you would have only of been 11or13 days so seems alittle early to me.

Either way have a healthy and happy time :cheer:

Thanks. :D I wouldn't have thought it was possible for me to have ovulated on the 21st if the doctor said that the conception dates must have been between the 11th and the 21st? Or did he mean that I ovulated between the 11th and the 21st? :?

Sorry to keep bugging everyone with questions but I just really want to know! :oops:

AMETHYST

All i can say is if your saying your last period was 4th feb then ovulation would have been from 18th onwards and therefore 11th or 13th would be to early.

if your last period was 31st jan then ovulation would have been 14th on wards and therefore 13th could be your conception day.

Personally i would go by your dates so if you say lp was 4th feb then i would say you conceived between 21st upto 24th

This is only my opinion :)

amethyst_echidna said:
Ani said:

I don't think I conceived on the 23rd, I'm pretty certain it was between the 11th and 13th. I'm just wondering if there was ANY chance that sex on the 23rd resulted in the pregnancy. :)

AMETHYST

Oh ok! :) Sorry for confusion.

Jollypops said:
All i can say is if your saying your last period was 4th feb then ovulation would have been from 18th onwards and therefore 11th or 13th would be to early.

if your last period was 31st jan then ovulation would have been 14th on wards and therefore 13th could be your conception day.

Personally i would go by your dates so if you say lp was 4th feb then i would say you conceived between 21st upto 24th

This is only my opinion :)

Thanks! :) See this is what's confusing me... the doctor said I'd have conceived between the 11th and the 21st, with the 16th being the most likely date (but maybe less likely, as I didn't have sex then). This was based on my scan results which said that the baby was 14 weeks 1 day old. I'd have thought that the scan would give more accurate data than the LMP estimate as my LMP estimate makes it later as you said.

It's all so perplexing! I'm going back on Wednesday so I'll ask him then what he meant by what he said! :lol:

AMETHYST

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back