I lost two weeks!!!

*MARLEY*

Reaction score
Being the rather idiotic person that I am, I've just discovered (with the help of KirstyD - thank you!!!) I am in fact 15 weeks pregnant, not 13!!!! :D
All the 'last menstrual' thing confused me, and my stupid midwife was just awful, but I counted forwards 40 weeks from conception, rather than last period! :wall:
So yes, my little one's a little bigger than I thought! Oh dear, I feel so silly, but can't believe I just lost two weeks of my pregnancy!!! Only 5 weeks until I can find out the sex :D
Marley

Ooh, I'm so jealous! :cheer:

Did you not get a dating scan? I had to guess at my LMP :oops: but looked less ashamed when my guessed dates were only 2 days ahead of scan EDD.

I expect the MW will want to put your EDD as whatever your scan says.

And fingers crossed for finding out the sex at your 20 week scan - hope it's not a little monkey like mine (breech and legs crossed! :roll: )

I did have a dating scan, but was told that the date I estimated was ok. I think though she was just trying to hurry through it all asap.
My MW is ridiculously awful - I told her when I conceived and just assumed to go ahead 40 weeks, which is obviously wrong, but she didn't tell me to add only 38!! And everything I've learnt of value has been off my mum and the internet. :wall:
So frustrating. But I'm considering asking for a new MW if I can, but feel bad, although to be honest she really isn't soothing or anything, not good for a first-time mum!
I haven't been offered a Down's test, which is something I want done, but I read on here too that it's done between 16 and 20 weeks I think, so I'm going to ring tomorrow and apply some pressure!!!

Aww, sorry you're having a pretty rubbish time! :hug:

My antenatal care seems a bit chaotic but they are generally nice (apart from the butcher who took bloods for my triple test and left me with bruises for 3 weeks! :( ).

Definitely give them a ring tomorrow and have a bit of a moan. Hopefully that will be the push they need. :hug:

*MARLEY* said:
Being the rather idiotic person that I am, I've just discovered (with the help of KirstyD - thank you!!!) I am in fact 15 weeks pregnant, not 13!!!! :D
All the 'last menstrual' thing confused me, and my stupid midwife was just awful, but I counted forwards 40 weeks from conception, rather than last period! :wall:
So yes, my little one's a little bigger than I thought! Oh dear, I feel so silly, but can't believe I just lost two weeks of my pregnancy!!! Only 5 weeks until I can find out the sex :D
Marley

you'll most likely go two weeks over now :rotfl:

I would quite happily lose a couple of weeks :lol:

Sounds like you are having a rough time..........I only arrived back in the UK when I was around 13 weeks pregnant and so far have been looked after very well!

Im surprised the dates at the dating scan were way out, I always thought they were supposed to be the main indication of age, size etc and my MW has taken the details from the scan results for my EDD etc.

I had the quadruple tests carried out a few weeks ago, but only as I had missed the other tests earlier on, so definitely ask your MW (or new MW) about it soon, as there is such small windows when the tests can be carried out!

Great you have moved 2 weeks ahead in your pregnancy though :D

Finally something positive from MW! Having another scan tomorrow, because obviously stupid MW concurred I was two weeks behind what I actually was, so need to check baby's size etc. Managed to slot me into a last-min cancelation spot. Hopefully it'll go ok, I'm not to worried though, reckon baby will even out by tri 3, even if he / she is on the lil side at the mo! Having the tests I think too.
Very pleased, although been feeling very tired. Early to bed methinks!
Marley
PS. And yeah, I bet anything I'll be wandering around 2 weeks over, huge and fed up!!!

Glad you've got another scan hun and you can get your dates sorted for certain!!

From what you said to me we worked out you were counting your pregnancy weeks wrong but you had your due date right!

Hopefully you'll know both for sure soon!

Good luck :hug:

Yeah my due date was bang on, it was just the technicalities of the whole 38/40 week thing. And is it just me that finds it weird that you're apparently two weeks into pregnancy when you conceive???
Yeah I saw my midwife, she was much nicer after I complained, funny that! Took bloods etc etc, all fine except that baby's a bit small. I think that must be why his / her age wasn't immediately obvious. I'm obviously a bit concerned but I read that from 16 weeks baby starts to grow more quickly than before, so hopefully little one will catch up.
Midwife was actually quite nice about it and helped ease me. Anyone else told their little one is / was big / small????
Marley xxx

With my daughter (No.3) I was told oh this one is a bit small then the next time I saw her Oh this one is going to be big! I sometimes think it is the position they are in that makes the mw think they are big or small :rotfl: . My daughter was the biggest of my 3 so far at 9lb 8oz but she was long and thin

9lbs??? Yeah, it'd be typical, I bet I go to my 20-week scan and she'll be like, 'wow you have a huge baby!' :?
To be honest though, it'd be lovely really, I'm eating copious amounts of health stuff to build up the wee one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back