Wedding - in England or across the water

kumber

Reaction score
Hubby and I are finally setting a date for our wedding but we are stuck on a venue. We are both from Ireland, on different sides of the border. All of my family are in England, hubby's family are in Northern Ireland but he doesn't see much of them.

We'd both like to get married at home but everytime I mention it to my granny, she keeps saying why do we want to get married there when not everyone will be able to go due to costs, it's not my home cus I born here and spent a large part of my childhood here. She doesn't intend to but it's making me feel really bad for wanting to have it at home. I don't want all my family there because we don't have the money to feed the 80+ people that are my immediate family and our close friends but I feel guilty for feeling like that.

I don't really know what to do about it all really.

Simple Kumber, if you both want to get married in ireland then do it , its your special day.
Book a evening wedding party back in england too for your return and anyone who can't afford to go over can go to that one, you get to wear dress again and revel twice.

My sister got married in greece , and i was not invited as id just had a baby, but she had a uk party too so i went to that

Thanks hun. We've decided to get married here for one simple reason - my granny has been extremely unwell and we're concerned that if she continues, she won't be well enough to make the trip across the way. I couldn't have my wedding without her being there so England it is!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back