Weaning question

BabyNumber1

Reaction score
Hi..

My little girl is just over 4 months and I started weaning her a few weeks ago... I bought a few of the jars and also tried her with puréed veg and fruit pots... I also make the same amount of formula milk I used to for her (when shes just having a bottle she has 6oz) so in a morning at 7am when she wakes up I give her a 6oz otter which she rarely finishes as she falls back asleep for 2 hours and then at 9 she finishes off the bottle... At around 11:30am I give her porridge and a normal bottle (I'm going to change this to lunch rather than porridge after Christmas and give her breakfast at 7) a bottle at 2/2:30, tea and a bottle at 5/5:30 and then a bottle before bed...

My question is: am I over feeding her with the bottles aswell as the food? She only has a max of 8 to 10 spoons of porridge and only about half of that of tea and pudding? That's the reason I haven't decreased her mill but worried I'm over feeding her ...

Any mums out there doing the same thing or can give me some advice? X

Hey hun i was weAning at this age, but i only gave breakfast, porridge or ricem or fruit puree, i think i gave jars more towards five months. I didnt drop any milk feeds either. As ur lo is quite young my advice wud maybe to give more milk than food iykwim as milk is still really important at this age. My son let me know when he was ready to drop a milk feed, which was more towards the 7month mark, and we dropped gradually and now hes only having two in 24 hours xx hope that helps xx

Hey hun!

Jack still has a feed (milk) every 3ish hours and he's 6 months old next Tuesday! He only drinks 3-4oz though. He also has breakfast, lunch & pudding and dinner & pudding. I think you're feeding her just right at the moment. She let you know when she needs less milk etc :)

I was giving Avery baby rice from 4 1/2 months and 100% puree fruit alongside her bottles until a day ago...she got extremely constipated and was in pain and her number twos were soooooo hard bless her. I think I overdid it giving her too much too soon. So I took her straight back to milk feeds only and today her poopies are normal thank goodness! if it's working for your LO I can't see it being an issue, all bubbas are different and what worked with my DS on weaning isn't working so great with my DD. Your LO will certainly let you know when she's full. x

And clairebear! Oh my goodness! Jack is nearly 6 months already?! Like where has the time went!! x

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back