weaning off breastmilk..longterm breastfeeding.

cloud9

Reaction score
I am plannign to start weaning Dylan onto cows milk when he is a year old.

I am far to lazy to make formula but to be honest i can't see him liking the idea
he does drink water in sips and with meals but drinks about a cup a day ..but he so much prefers breast milk

I was wondering what the experiences of other long term breastfeeding moms were and what age there LO's started wanting other things?

I weaned logan at 6 months and he was really good at eating but still wants milk at bed time and again first thing.

I tried him with cows milk and he doesn't like it... goats milk the same.....

so now we do a BF first thing in the morning and again last thing at night and he is 13 months old.

If you want to chat PM me! :wink: :lol:

I am still BF but just last thing at night before Ellie goes to bed. She dropped all the other BF on her own. By 11 months she was just BF first thing on the morning, after nursery (about 4pm), and just before bed. When she turned 1yr, I offered her cows milk instead of the morning and after nursery feed and she was perfectly happy with that. However I have no idea when she will feel ready to start the feed before bed.

i didnt bf charlotte but she wouldnt drink cows milk when changing from formula, if you exhaust all milks soya etc try expressing and mixing a little cows milk and gradually increase cows and decrease urs.. if all else fails theres lots of calcium in yogarts cheese etc..so they shouldnt need milk if they dont take it. good luck.. p.s when u make cereal up now at 9mnths you can use cows milk so that will get your baby used to the taste to..

Thea isnt keen on cows milk. She will drink soya but she's not a fan.
She is almost 16 months and how often she breastfeeds changes from day to day. She always has a feed in the morning, one at night and in the middle of the day she might have none or she might have 4 i just let her tell me when she wants it.

Thea will drink water all day though. She loves it and drinks about 4 cups a day.

Im similar to you Melanie. I want Fin to wean off now but he loves feeding still. When is a good time to stop altogether? And what if they just keep going and going lol?! x

mermaid said:
Im similar to you Melanie. I want Fin to wean off now but he loves feeding still. When is a good time to stop altogether? And what if they just keep going and going lol?! x
I have no idea :rotfl: Im just going to take it as it comes.

Thx for your replies.

I am hoping to increase his water supply and try swapping for cows milk but he soooooooo loves breast milk he will sip water but when he wants real drink wants milk

he just pulls my top down if i ignore his suttle clues lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back