weaning and constipation...? banana.. *update- he poo'd!*

leckershell

Reaction score
I breastfeed Ryan still but have introduced 1 bottle of formula a night and 1 session of baby rice/baby food jar in the afternoon.

He has cow and gate milk, cow and gate fruity breakfast rice, or recently cow and gate banana yogurt baby food.

Since he's been on the banana stuff, he seems to be having poo problems - is this normal? It's the only thing I have changed and he was fine on the baby rice... :think:

Maybe its a bit strong for his tummy?

Whenever Isaac was a bit bunged up I'd give him something with apricots in it.

You could give him the rice with a spoonful of the banana mixed in and you can add fruity yogurt to porridge too. Isaac still loves the Creamy oat porridge.

:D

I'll give it a go lou :) that was my original plan, I actually wanted to just try him on the banana flavour to see if he got on with it before sticking it in the baby rice, but then he enjoyed it so much I kept giving it to him!! :D

I'll cut back down to the baby rice+ banana flavour and see if that helps :) cheers x

Hi

Tom has had problems down there too since he has started eating solid food. It seems to bung him up more. I give him 60ml of prune juice in the morning with his breakfast and it works a treat. He loves it too (can't think why, I think it tastes nasty!)

Nikki x

Hey there :D

Daniel was also constipated in the beginning, but we started to give him about 70mls a day of Hipps organic diluted fruit juice (he love mixed fruit ones, but you can get apple one) I still add boiling water to it. Approx 50 mls of juice and 20 mls of water. Have no problems since :D

Hope this helps!

I was out all day today so no baby food/rice today just formula and boobs. It sounds weird but I'm waiting on a poo from him. I know it's normal for mostly-breastfed babies to not poo every day, but since I introduced baby rice and his 6pm bottle, I was getting a poo every day just before lunchtime, and if not every day then at least the day after. He did a little one the other day (more of a skid really) and has been making blocked up noises too.. I'll try everything tomorrow... I want that poo to come out cos I'm starting to worry something's wrong... x

amber has opposite problem very loose!! hope ryan gets better soon x

p.s. hope u had a good day yest wth eve

Didn't get a chance to use anything today (though got a couple of baby water jars in for next time) as went out all day.

Though the long awaited poo did come today and was an out of nappy experience :D It had little black bits in, is that normal?

He seems to feel better anyway :)

x

Them little black bits could just be something he hasn't digested from a jar of food and maybe thats what clogged him up a bit :think:

Also remember to give him water and or juice aswell. I have given Isaac water from birth and I believe it can help with constipation. If I drink too much milk I get constipated so maybe its that?

At least he seems better now he's poohed :cheer:

leckershell said:
an out of nappy experience :D

:rotfl: Clark has those nearly everytime we take his nappy off, it's like he waits for the feedom before he will wee and poo! I just hope that means he will nappy train easily!! :roll:

Someone told me that when they have banana the poo has black bits in :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back