Weaning at 4 months

LaurenMM

Reaction score
How many have actually done it?? I've given Angel a few spoonfuls of baby rice and a few spoonfuls of mixed vegetable medley (says suitable from 4 months on jar... she'll be 4 months this coming Thursday). She really seemed to enjoy them both. If you did, how did you go about it? Did you just give a few spoonfuls a day and replace a bottle? Or did you do it in addition to their normal bottles? Angel has 8oz every 4 hours xx.

Please no judgement for me doing this. Thanks xx

Grace had a normal bottle at 7am then some porridge at 8/8:15. Sometimes she eats a little & sometimes a lot lol. She can just about use a spoon so I also let her play with that with some porridge on. I've done this for a week and she really likes her porridge, when she goes in the high chair she knows what's coming :)
I won't introduce another food until next week maybe, she how she goes

I started Sophia at 4 months, she def needed something else. Following her lead though, just started on baby cereal/porridge, just a few spoonfuls. I started it around lunchtime at first to see how she went and she is fine. Just started introducing a little savoury and she has tried banana and had some rusk. Most things have gone down well, she isn't sure about veg yet though, she has only tried it twice though. She is much more settled now, I noticed after a 9oz bottle she was still hungry! She went to having 9oz every 2 1/2 hours. Shes still having 4/5 bottles a day, usually 8/9oz at each feed. Just a few spoons of cereal or savoury or fruit at the moment. Xx

my little one is nearly 4 month and im giving him half a rusk soaked in formula in the morning and at night ive also tried him with a spoon of pureed carrot x today he will have a spoonful of apple x x to introduce different tastes x x he loves it and deffinatley needs it x x

I started really slowly and it was just a spoon of baby cereal or porridge in the morning for the first ten days or so. I gradually intoduced a few spoons of pureed fruit or veg at lunch and continued like that for ten days, and then introduced the same at dinner time. My lo was still on the same amount of milk feeds though, and still had milk feeds at night until he was eight months old.

I had to with Jake as he always spits up lots of his milk and he just wasn't getting enough, once he turned 4 months I started giving him 2 teaspoonfuls of baby porridge and he loved it, now that is turning 5 months next week I have started giving him 2 teaspoonfuls of baby dinner too.

So now he has 6oz of milk at around 8am then porridge at 11am then 5oz of milk around 2pm as he never wants it before then, then dinner at 5pm followed by 5oz milk at 6pm and then a final bottle at 9pm

Thanks for all your advice girls. Well I think I'm going to start introducing porridge at breakfast with her first bottle which is usually at 7am ish. She absolutely loved her food yesterday and the day before and she even slept better during the night. I know a lot of people disagree with weaning at 4 months but in my eyes it used to be advised to start at 4 months and a lot of the jarred food and the rice/rusks/porridge etc are all safe from 4months plus I am doing it very slowly to her pace and so far no problems :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back