We opted for a dummy :)

Sleepy sue

Reaction score
I posted a while back about dummies and not wanting to use them but being at my wits end.
Well today we gave sam a dummy and he loves it, and so do I !! I'm no longer being used as a soother, I've got my fingers crossed that this will extend his sleep time as he's already going longer between feeds and I'm sure he was just wanting reassurance rather than food during the night :) x

I don't blame u at all! I gave Joshua a dummy in the hospital lol

That's exactly what I was like sue! Henry loves it more now it calms his colic and he is goin a lot longer between feeds. Amazin things dummies!

I know a lot of people look down on dummies, but they do have their uses. I give G hers every time shes going for a sleep not in her crib - in the car, pram etc. there is evidence they lower the risk of SIDS

And IMO they should be easier to wean off than if you have a thumb sucker - dummies can vanish, thumbs can't! Lol. Xxx

Yeay for dummies. I would like to give Tilly one but mw said not to :(

Why T?
That's a bit of a strange thing for mw to say.

Why can't they have dummies in their cribs? X

She prob said it because of nipple confusion but Henry hasn't had any problem.

Tor, Tilly is ur baby. If u wanna give her one, give her one.

The advice in uk is to wait 4 weeks in case of nipple confusion. But this is actually really rare. The American advice re SIDS is use a dummy from birth.

Tor if you think it'll help just go for it, especially if your finding it hard. G has had a dummy from about a week

I know sam has only had the dummy today bit he's still latching well.
T do what's right for you and your lo it could be what she wants x

hannah doesnt like hers....she spits it out!!! lol xx

hannah doesnt like hers....she spits it out!!! lol xx

Which kind did you try?? We had TT ones to start with, and she used to suck a couple of times and spit it out, now got avent ones that are soooo much better. Xxx

Henry prefers TT! Lol! Not tried avent tho but he hates boots own and cherry tears. May try avent as an experiment!

we use advent ones he hated TT,

BUT today I left a clear coloured one in some old ( red from pasta sauce) washing up liquid and when I washed it the dirty water was still in the back of it I had so squeeze the teet in some clean soapy water about 20 times before it came out!! Would never have known if it was one of the coloured ones :(

Tried a few different ones! Sure we have tried avent. But I know I have one in her bottle pack do will try again

Well bit of a bugger as so far he won't have it at night :(
Will keep trying so far he went down at 9.30 and has fed at 12 and 2 x

Yeay for dummies. I would like to give Tilly one but mw said not to :(

My mum said to me not to give a dummy so I told her I'd ring her every time Bertie woke up wanting some comfort overnight. He's been very content falling asleep with a dummy and has slept about 6 hours solid a night. They've been around far too long not to work imo and you watch parents scrabbling around for one when they get lost lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back