• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

We have decided

Tasha20

Reaction score
We are definatly going to be team green!

I cant believe it, im actualy going to wait until the birth!

OH drove a client down to heathrow on Saturday and he was telling him how both of his children were surprises and how wonderful it was and he agreed it would be lovely to do that this time.

When I gave birth to Oli I had already found out and when the nurse said "its a girl" I felt liek the magic had gone abit because I already knew?

We had a chat about it, and it is our 2nd baby and after having the miscarriage last time I think it would make it even more special to wait and see who I have been waiting for for all this time.

So I definatly feel its best for us.

We are just going to buy a few neutral things, newborns dont stay in first clothes for very long at all and we barely used everything last time, so when bubba is here we can go shopping then :cheer:

We dont do the whole painting a nursery stuff, as im going to co-sleep again for awhile as its great for bfing, so choosing colours isnt a problem :lol:

I actualy feel very excited about waiting, I am really hoping for a home water birth too, so for me it would really top the whole experience off :cheer:

Anyone else going to be team green?

Yup, we are waiting too :D

It seems like most people don't wait these days but my husband and I want the surprise of it. And it is quite fun imagining what it will be.

All the people who told me that they waited said it was a great surprise.

I'm tempted to wait but hubby is desperate to know so we are finding out :hug:

Me too!! Definitely want to wait and see, I did with my daughter and I was very pleasantly surprised as I was convinced I was having a boy. I think it's nice to have that surprise at the end of all that labour and stuff!

:cheer: Glad to see there are others too, Snuggle it was my OH that convinced me I was really shocked :lol:

Just want to add that I don't mind having a boy or didn't at the time was just convinced I was having a boy. :oops:

sometimes I get myself all confused :roll:

I'd like to wait and have a nice surprise but I'm not sure I can wait that long! Haven't discussed it with my OH as yet but I think it would be nice to wait (bet I don't say that in the gender scan though.....tell me now!)

Yeah I keep thinking I will be tempted at the 20 week scan, but from what ive heard alot of hospital proceedures have changed and some wont tell you anyway (due to chance of getting it wrong and being sued :shock: )

I will hold back though :D

Yay! I know it's exciting whenever you find out but I've been team green both times and I'm so unbelieveably excited at the moment! And I know it was such a special moment last time when OH told me we had a son I love that it'll be him telling me what flavour this LO is too :D

I was only a bit tempted at the scan with DS because she asked if we wanted her to look and we had to specifically say no, this time round they didn't ask so no temptation at all :D

I definitely agree with maybebaby - I had a surprise last time (and a real one, I was 100% convinced baby was a boy!) and will be this time round too - it just adds to the magic of the birth and gives you something to push for! This time, it would be practical to find out - we live in a 2 bedroomed house so baby will eventually share with DD and her room desperately needs decorated, but I think we will wait 'til after the birth to do this anyway.

Good luck with your home water birth too - get in touch if you need any help or info with your planning! Have you seen this thread?

Love

Valentine Xxx

:cheer:

Great to see you are both aswell, yes thats how I feel I would love OH to tell me :D

Yes I have seen the thread thank you Valentine and will give it thorough going over again soon, I planned a homebirth with Olivia but had high bp and slow labour progression so I praying it will go ok this time :pray:

Thanks!

Forgot to say, we are finding out the sex but not telling anyone and that includes all of you so we will be team green to everyone else but us :wink:
We are also hoping for a homebirth this time :cheer:

Snuggle said:
Forgot to say, we are finding out the sex but not telling anyone and that includes all of you so we will be team green to everyone else but us :wink:

Not on missy :shakehead: :shakehead: :shakehead: :rotfl:

Big up the homebirth crew, its what im doing as well when i get pregnant!

mrs_tommo22 said:
Snuggle said:

Not on missy :shakehead: :shakehead: :shakehead: :rotfl:

Big up the homebirth crew, its what im doing as well when i get pregnant!

:lol: I will have to try not let it slip :wink:

We are thinking about waiting too. Not made my mind up completely yet as I'm so impatient! OH didn't want to know last time but at 20wk scan he was the one asking what we were having!

Our first instinct was that we wanted to wait. But then I read in a pregnancy book that men tend to bond earlier if they know the gender. I gave that bit to DH to read and asked him about it, and he felt that he probably would feel much more involved if he knew it was a little boy or girl. I know he's felt totally helpless through the m/c, as well as with all the crap we've had so far with this pg, so I've told him it's his decision, but he doesn't need to make his mind up yet. I guess we'll see how he feels. If it was just me, I'd go for a surprise, but if DH would feel more involved knowing, then that is far more important.

Having said that, it's our first. I guess with the second, the man already feels like a father!

Yeah I think as its our second he really wants to wait, I understand on the bonding thing.

OH will get to tell me the sex first which I think helps with bonding ie cutting cord etc aswell (will be in all notes! and midwifes etc will be told) which I think is really exciting for him.

He didnt get to cut the cord last time it was so medicalised my last birth and the midwives just totaly took over and he was shoved out (another reason im going for another homebirth, hopefully it will be succesfull this time!)

Hes really excited about waiting, which I was shocked about as he wanted to know last time.

Good on you both for the choice :)

Have to say I wanted it to be a surprise for everyone. I got fed up people asking us if we knew what we were having. And names. We never gave a hint as to anything.

Also I am one of those people who would prefer not to know about other people's babies and would rather find out when born if a boy or girl and the name. Call me old fashioned :roll: :lol:

And woooo home water birth :) I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. I loved my homebirth and plan another one if we have a second baby. There is a great info thread in the Ask A Mum section on homebirth. The link is in my sig :)

:hug: Thanks hun

Yes I have seen the thread its very good :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back