We have a sperm problem

Dee28

Reaction score
hello, I posted this in TTC as it's where i normally hang out but having found out we have a problem with hubby's sperm this morning i thought i'd post here as well in case some of you ladies who mostly hang out here can help.

His sperm count came back 13.9 million which is ok but 98% abnormal, which clearly is not. He has to repeat the test to double check it but I am pretty sure it will be the same given i'm good to go and now 11 months later it still hasn't happened for us. Soooo, hubby does take a Zita West male pre-conception supplement but does anyone else have any other suggestions, feedback, good results from taking anything else that we can try?

Thanks xx

Hi there didnt want to read and run as we too have probs on hubbys side his discount is less than 2mil and so we need to have ICSI form of IVF. Iv got my hubby on zinc and selenium which r both meant to b great for sperm. has ur partner been referred to a urologist? Feel free to pm me if u want to chat as I know how stressful it can all b xxx

Thanks Yvonne, we're being referred to fertility clinic but not urologist, perhaps I'll get hubby to raise that when he gets the result of the second test. As we have a child already we won't get any NHS treatment so not sure whether hubby will want another child enough to use our savings to fund it ourselves, not really sure what the point of a NHS referral is to be honest. Upping the supplements in the meantime and quitting caffeine and continuing with not much alcohol, just wish I knew if it was the same when I conceived our daughter as at least I'd have some hope then.

So sorry you're having to face all this too, have you started having appointments yet to get the ball moving? Xx

Sorry to hear your having issues with sperm <3
My husband with his first couple of tests came back with results of 4 million and 86% abnormal. We totally changed our lifestyle, got him on zinc and selenium, changed our diet, got him loose fitting boxers, changed our exercise regime to be more low impact and he gave up drinking. His last test which was 9 months after those are 18 million and 31% abnormal. So massive changes happened :D
We also have sex at least every other day to ensure that the supply is being kept at a peak.
It is possible to have dramatic changes with a few changes, it's hard work but well worth it <3

Wow that is a great success story, thank you, it gives me hope for sure xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back