Some answers or not?

BabyLover

Reaction score
Hello everyone

Hope you all had a brilliant Christmas and ready for new years, we are off to a hotel for the night tomorrow and out on the town in Derby, whooo! Can't wait!

Anyway I thought I would share with you all our experience we had with my hubby's consultant at the hospital on Wednesday just gone.

We went to his appointment for his 2nd lot's of DNA results, basically they were testing his DNA/Chromosones to see if he has a faulty gene which they think is causing his low sperm count and his border line testerone levels. Well we went in their and got seen by his consultant and was told everything was fine, nothing wrong there. Then he went on about whether or not my hubby wanted to go on steroid injections to boost his testerone levels, even thought they will not be that helpful because he is border line.

Then me being me was getting angry and annoyed because he was not giving us any answers why he has a low sperm count and what is causing his low sperm count. So I blurted out to him after hubby stating he does not want the injections, 'So can you tell us why he has low sperm count or what maybe causing it, if it is not genetic'? He looked at me gone out and said 'oh does he has low sperm count'? I was like yes why didn't you know, why do you think we was here? He said I cannot see anything in his notes to suggest this, have you done a sperm test to confirm this? I was like yes he has 2 times now and the results have always gone back to our doctors.

He still look puzzled and said what was the outcome of the sperm tests and I said the first one was 1 million per m/l and the second being 960 thousand per m/l with everything else being normal like mobility, speed etc.... He turned around and said 'oh how long have you been conceiving for'? I said over 5 years now. Do you have regular sex? yes we do....

He said oh okay then, I can suggest 2 options for your hubby then....one is to go on a 4 month course of a new drug to try and boost your sperm count, which may not work and will need you going to have a needle every 3 days in the morning at your GP.....well don't you know he works lol The other option was to go on a low fat diet, full of vegetables/fruit and nuts etc.....with exercise and vitamin tablets and come back for a sperm test in 4 months time to see what the outcome is....

Well we was already planning to do option 2 in the new year as suggested by some people off here and our own GP. So new year we have signed up to the gym and going on a super healthy diet together, which I am planning to loose another 4 stones in weight, which I think I can do it and know my hubby can, as he is so want kids and it is getting him down, so he aid he will try anything even though he is not that overweight....

So I will keep you all updated each month with a report how we are getting on. Maybe this is going to be our answer to his low sperm count (being slightly overweight) or maybe it's not.

Thanks for listening

Donna xx

Last edited:
Hiya Donna :)

How incompetent can some doctors be?! :wall2:

So are you still trying to have your own children even though going down the adoption route?

Is it just IVF that you are against? If you are losing weight for the sperm count then you should be eligible for IVF too :)

If it's just his count that is poor and the rest of the scores are good then you could have no problem conceiving with IVF.

I really hope it works out for you both losing weight - i can't wait to see the skinny mini Donna :good:

Hello Hunni

I know they are incompetent lol

I am always trying to have our own children, because the our doctor said you could conceive naturally any time it can happen, only takes one sperm lol Plus we don't bother using any conception because we are desperate for a child and there is only a 10% chance of becoming pregnant naturally.

I am not against IVF at all, it's the NHS that is against us, with our BMI's being slightly over the guidelines and them not letting us have it, because of the risks.

We are still going for adoption, but if we still feel pregnant in the meantime then we still go ahead with the adoption, depending how far we have gone through the process. If we were given a child and then I found out I was pregnant, then we would still adopt.

Thank you for the support. I can't wait to see the new skinny me once I have shed a few stones lol

Donna x

Hiya Donna :)

How incompetent can some doctors be?! :wall2:

So are you still trying to have your own children even though going down the adoption route?

Is it just IVF that you are against? If you are losing weight for the sperm count then you should be eligible for IVF too :)

If it's just his count that is poor and the rest of the scores are good then you could have no problem conceiving with IVF.

I really hope it works out for you both losing weight - i can't wait to see the skinny mini Donna :good:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back