We don't have P60s or P45s

moss

Reaction score
My husband and I are applying for child tax credit or working tax credit, but we don't have P60s/P45s from our jobs. We both worked for the same place and they didn't process our resignation. Which ever one is the end of year certificate... Well I have no idea why we didn't get those. Is there anything I can do about this? Sorry, I am bad with how the UK tax system works still after all of this time.

I think you can contact your tax office for your P60. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

You don't actually need your P60 to apply for tax credits, you can just tell them an estimate because I think they can check for themselves what you earnt last year.

Call who you worked for and ask for it - they should have sent you your P45 (end of year one) by now as they have to by law before the end of may (I think)

I left the job I'm talking about in august 2007! Whenever I try to call I get an answering machine and they ignore my messages. I have written and that was ignored, as well. It's part of the NHS. :/

I used an estimate for mine. It has a box you can tick to say you've used an estimate

That's great! I assumed we would need proof. I'm relieved we won't. Thank you!

Yip I guessed!

You are better to over-estimate than under-estimate though as you don't want to owe them money - much better the other way round :wink:

Kim x x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back