Waters have broken - how long now?

DDS

Reaction score
Hi there
My waters broke at 01:20 his morning.
Have been to the hospital, baby is well, but wonderinf if anyone has been through this and what i might expect.
I have not had any contractions.
I need to be monitored again tomorrow, but if after 48hrs nothing has happened i have told that i will need to be induced.
Any info advice please.

hey hun,
my waters broke at 11pm on a mon night, i stayed overnight in the hospital and although i was having really small contractions and was 2cm dilated they sent me home on tue afternoon..
i was home for a few hours before the contractions built up in pain and my LO was born at 2.16am wed morning!
if your water are broken for more than 24 hours you and LO will need antibiotics, me and jack had to stay in for 4 days due to this.

hope u r ok hun :hug:

no advice hun cause Ive never been there b4 but just wanted to give u some hugs and say "hurry up contractions and baby!!!" xxxx :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: xxxx

Hi,
My waters broke early at 33 weeks and i didnt give birth till i was 34+ 6 weeks. I was given 2 steroid injections to mature the babies lungs and i had to take 9 days worth of antibiotics. I was continuosly leaking water till i did go into labour and when my daughter was born she was as healthy as a full term baby and we only stayed in hospital 2 days.
I was scanned after they broke and was told by a doctor that a litre of fluid is made every hour in the womb so i wouldn't have to be induced untill 37 weeks, maybe you could ask to be left a while longer if you don't fancy being induced.Hope that helps a bit,

Love Lisa xxx

Hi sorry ive no advice as this is my first baby but wanted to wish you all the very best :hug: :hug:

My waters broke at 11pm and she was born at 3:17 am. So no help for you. You would be hoping for today id think

Hi Ladies

I know it has been a while but thought i wouls let you know what happened.
After waters broke at 01:20 Sat, had monitoring at 6am.
Sunday monitoring again.
Monday tried to induce with prostin - wait 6 hrs - no contractions.
Hosp very busy waited until Tues - another prostin - wait 6 hours - still no contractions, but 1cm dialated and fully effaced.
Started on Synto drip at 6:30pm
Contractoins started 9pm - hectic immed and 42 sec apart.
Emma born 23:19 - forceps delivery

Shew

my waters went 8.30am contractions started at about 11amish and Levi was born at 2.04 that afternoon.

sorry i have no info for you but wanted to wish you good luck,not long now til you meet your LO! :cheer: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back