Waters gone at 17+6

charlene09

Reaction score
My waters decided to pop on Tuesday luckily whilst I was sat in the waiting room at the midwife.
Anyway she said that if I started to experience any pain or had any more fluid loss/bleeding to ring Triage.
6PM last night the pains started, decided not to do anything until I'd had a bath to see if it eased them, nope it didn't I was up most part of the night niggling, they were horrific this morning so I decided to ring Triage explained to them on the phone what had happened and they said basically because of my gestation it's far to early for membranes to rupture( oh so that's why my midwife confirmed it on Tues but ok), midwife then went on to say that it sounds like a urine infection and to visit my GP. I had my urine tested on Tuesday all normal.
The pains have stopped now, but it just disgusted me how I was refused to be seen at such an early gestation even after how my son's pregnancy went.

Oh no, if those pains come back id be straight up to the hospital hun, you've come too far for anything preventable to be happening because they can't be bothered!
Listen to your body, your head and do what you need to x I hope everything settles hun. My friends waters went before 18 weeks and her little girl was born 8 weeks early but she's now a beautiful 11 year old! X x

Id definitely get the hospital and demand to be seen! Hope your ok xx

Same I'd be up there demanding to be seen. X

Oh no, what a nightmare! Hope you're ok xx

I agree with the others. This must be adding so much stress, I can't believe they would even consider not seeing you..

If you can't get anything out of them directly, book an emergency dr app and try to get referred somewhere.

Plus i may have imagined this but aren't you more susceptible to infections after your water breaks? I could be wrong but that's why medical professionals are supposed to offer guidance xxx

Last edited:
Definitely just show up at triage. They cannot refuse to see you once you are there. Hope you are OK.

Hope everything is OK sounds terrifying I'd just turn up and stay there until they see you better safe than sorry x

That's ridiculous, of course it's possible for membranes to rupture this early. I hope you've been seen, I cannot believe your midwife didn't send you straight to hospital when your waters went.
I've heard lots of success stories following PPROM but with reduced waters you need specific monitoring and instructions.

I really hope everything is ok, don't let anyone refuse to see you if you feel somethings not right. I had my son at 24 weeks and just phoned maternity and said my gestation and that I was in labour so I was coming straight in. Follow your gut. X

I haven't been in, I got told to wait til 9th March for my scan and they would check fluid levels there as I have a consultant appointment afterwards. I have been contracting here and there but they keep coming and going. When I go for my scan I am going to ask for a transfer to a different hospital. Because of that hospitals mistake my son now suffers with a neurological disorder which will affect him life long. It's nothing but medical negligence

I still wouldn't leave it. I'd be demanding to be seen asap. Midwives wouldn't leave someone at such early gestation with suspected waters breaking. I can't see it myself if I'm honest

I agree go down and demand to be seen lol. Better to be safe than sorry and it'll put your mind at rest xx

I still wouldn't leave it. I'd be demanding to be seen asap. Midwives wouldn't leave someone at such early gestation with suspected waters breaking. I can't see it myself if I'm honest
Apparently they can re seal themselves over at this gestation though. How though? I'm not lying if that's what you're insinuating

Yano what charlene, I won't bother talking to you if you think everything I say you take in a funny way.
I've never heard of someone just being left like that with broken waters. That's all I said. Good luck with the pregnancy and I hope for the sake it turns out well.

Yano what charlene, I won't bother talking to you if you think everything I say you take in a funny way.
I've never heard of someone just being left like that with broken waters. That's all I said. Good luck with the pregnancy and I hope for the sake it turns out well.

Lets face it, most things you say come across fairly badly - though I'm sure you don't mean to purposely offend.

Charlene, personally I would be sat in A+E and wouldn't budge. Obviously I've never been in your position, but have been told numerous times there's not much that will be done before 26 weeks gestation if things start to happen.

Lets face it, most things you say come across fairly badly - though I'm sure you don't mean to purposely offend.

Charlene, personally I would be sat in A+E and wouldn't budge. Obviously I've never been in your position, but have been told numerous times there's not much that will be done before 26 weeks gestation if things start to happen.

So I don't sugar cost things, doesn't mean I'm a complete cow.

Positive story for you in a similar situation. My friend had partial PROM at 16 weeks and was told lots of rest as there was nothing they could do (they did take her in and check her over tho.) Her waters resealed and replenished and he has had her little girl today at full term. Good luck. X

Seriously hun don't stand for that level of neglect. Your midwife confirmed it and she would have written it in your notes. You will need antibiotics so take yourself up there and make them check you over and when they say it's to early make them read your notes and say only one way to find out. This is well below the standard of care expected. Wish you the best of luck xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back