bit worried

LucyB.

Reaction score
So yesterday my gp confirmed I have a uti and has given me a weeks worth of antibiotics which I started taking yday. I must of caught the infection early as nothing showed up in my urine when the midwife tested on tuesday. So I'm treating the infection, but in the process I'm still feeling pretty crappy and uncomfortable in my belly, needing to wee all the time and can't go, was just wandering if its doing any harm to the baby?? All the uncomfortable feeling???xxxxx

I think if left untreated a UTI can have an effect on baby but your has been caught early and being treated so baby should be fine hun. If you are worried though call your midwife and let her know your worries and that you need to know baby is ok and she will be able to offer reassurance/advice.

Think UTIs are quite common in pregnancy xxx

So far I have had 4 pretty big uti's I seem pretty prone to them damn it, at the beginning it was because of hyperemiesis as I was throwing up becoming dehydrated and I had ketones so.... I have been on and off cefradine 2gr a day (!) all my pregnancy, my last uti a week ago actually involved bleeding (freak out moment)

The point is I'm 26 weeks now and so far (fx) baby is fine, just keep drinking loads of fluid as I think it helps to flush any uti's (along with antibiotics) lots of sugar free juice, less fizzy and caffeine and limit fruit juice as its too acidic

I'm sure you'll be fine, you take the brunt of the illness not your baby - even when I was throwing up and losing weight little spud was gaining- baby takes from you, leaving you more depleted- obviously little different to uti, but the point is they seem pretty cushioned/ provided for and protected in our bellies :)

xxxxx

I'm sure it is fine unless it's left untreated xx

Hi Lucy

Pleased that you got to see the doc and they have sorted you with some antibiotics; hopefully they will kick in soon and you will start to feel better soon. x

Thanks girls :) probs just over reacting in my ill state ha ha xxx

try not to worry hun
i pretty much constantly have UTI's, have for years now, and done no harm to baby! its when they are untreated thats the problem!

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back