Waters gone at 17+6

I still wouldn't leave it. I'd be demanding to be seen asap. Midwives wouldn't leave someone at such early gestation with suspected waters breaking. I can't see it myself if I'm honest
Just took it abit funny that's all when you said you can't see them leaving me with broken waters.
The exact hospital left me with broken waters at 28 weeks with cabhan and I actually went into preterm labour with him but that time I went down and was seen and told that the waters were fully intact and basically I had weed myself, only for me to go to a scan at 36 week and found that he had stopped growing and there was no water surrounding him.
Now because of this cabhan has just had a diagnosis of a neurological disorder.

I will go to my GP on Monday because tbf I don't really want to even go to that hospital atall and I will be asking for a transfer to another hospital, I have been having pains on and off since Thursday but no more loss or bleeding. I will update on Monday once I have been and if they send me down to hospital I will go.

It sounds a really scary situation and hope it gets sorted. I understand why you don't want to go to that hospital but if you are that worried could you not go to a different hospital. Even if I had to travel an hour I would go somewhere else as they can't not see you. I don't know anything about waters replenishing so can't comment but I would be going somewhere. I guess it's really scary at your stage of pregnancy as they don't class you viable till 24 weeks.
If your having pains it could be things starting a different hospital might be able to give you something to stop it.
Not trying to scare you so sorry if it comes across that way. Really hope you will get ur self somewhere, monday is still a long time away when your in a situation like yours.
All the best hun.x

I don't mean to be harsh but pull yourself together and get yourself seen. From a first time mum this would be frustrating but if this has happened before and with a less than ideal outcome, why on earth aren't you doing something?
Yes your waters can replenish and I hope yours do but you and your baby are at risk of infection. You need advice specific to your situation, they could order strict rest etc.

I'm going hospital today. Once I've been GP because I'm raging now I've been refused the right level of care it's medical negligence

I'm being sent down to triage. GP is going mad that I was refused

Good luck. I'm shocked at the care you have received. Once you are feeling fitter and better, please contact your PALS service at the hospital and log a complaint. It's not on X

Unbelievable that you wasn't seen , your midwife should have called through there and then , I know that until a certain gestation there's nothing they can do much if baby was to come , but they should be giving you medical support and keeping an eye on things , and maybe a bit of reassurance from them too instead of leaving you waiting and stressing X

I remember with my pregnancy with Sofia, my waters went at 21 weeks. They actually sent me to the maternity ward at hospital, and told me to just lie flat for a few days. They kept me in for a short while.

When it came to giving birth, the rest of my waters broke (tiniest trickle ever) and my midwife checked me and said they haven't gone. So was accused of it being wee.

When I had sofia 3 days later, no waters to be seen and everyone was very confused. Wankers! x

They've said it isn't my waters apparently. And that it's thrush again. I give up

How annoying. It's probably waters sounds like a repeat of what they said to me

I'm so glad you went to the hospital. What checks did they do? Did they scan you to check the fluid?x

Where do you live? Is there an alternative local hospital you could go to? Does the hospital have an EPU? Could you pay for a private scan? (You certainly shouldn't have to) :(
Did they examine you? I don't know how they can tell it wasn't your waters.x

Surely your MW recorded it in your notes?

This is ridiculous!!

I can't believe how badly you're being treated. When's your next scan? Might be worth thinking about going private if they carry on like this. Or contact your gp again xxx

Where do you live? Is there an alternative local hospital you could go to? Does the hospital have an EPU? Could you pay for a private scan? (You certainly shouldn't have to) :(
They did a speculum examination and was able to see pooling but doctor was unsure whether it was my waters or discharge, anyway they did another one which detects a certain protein in the amniotic fluid.
Came back negative so sent me home without a scan, they passed it off as thrush.
exactly what they did with cabhan

I wouldn't be happy with this at all , did you say your scan was soon ? I'd be expressing grave concerns with my consultant , I'd try and speak direct to them X

I wouldn't be happy with this at all , did you say your scan was soon ? I'd be expressing grave concerns with my consultant , I'd try and speak direct to them X
I'm not happy atall. I am unable to speak to my consultant as I don't know who I'm under at the moment. My scan is Wednesday 9th March and I will see the consultant afterwards. I will be raising my concerns about the level of care I have been given.

In pain again today

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back