Waters

cassi

Reaction score
This is probably going to sound really dumb but all i have ever heard about waters breaking is "oh what if your out shopping etc?" so i ask, what if? whats it REALLY like and have i been watching too many tv programmes? Did you all stay in when you were due to stop that happening? or am i getting it completely wrong.

cheers
cas

Well i didn't I was out shopping the day before i was due to be induced which was 10 days over. By that time i was hoping my waters would go and i didn't really care where either.

i had my waters broken in the hospital and wasnt as bad as i thought no massive gush like you would think more of a constant trickle if your worried just put a pad in your bag that way if they break you can rush to the loo pop it in and get home asap!

with my first child my waters broke in asda, and it were just lil trickles imagin being onyour period with no tampon or sanitry pad, thats how mine was dripping out of me, just filed my knickers. so no one knew bu me.

but with Harley i was carrying to much water so they broke them in hospital and the gush was huge the nurse got soakedand all the floor was flooded lol

with kurt my waters broke while i was in bed and it was a huge gush :lol:
with beth they had to break my waters and i dont remember whether that was a gush or not :think: to much gas and air at that point i think :lol:

dionne i take it you didnt tell anyone that your waters had broke while you were in asda apparently asda and tescos give you loads of freebies if you go into labour in there stores :lol:

Mine broke in hospital when was about 6cm, i just felt a "pop" and it al gushed out!

Mine went in hospital as I was induced. I heard a pop & a strange (but not horrid) sensation & the water gushed out, I was in bed so don't if it would've made a difference if I was standing & Jamie's head had been blocking the exit to how much would've come out.

It came in bursts after the initial gush & would trickle down my legs, I had to change my knickers (disposables) several times before I gave up & didn't wear any. I was laying on the bed with pads between my legs in the end.

If they do break when you're out shopping don't worry or get embarrassed, its not like you've just wet yourself & get yourself into Mothercare & pretend they've broken in there!!! :lol:

Mine went with Charlotte at 5am, just as I was getting out of bed for a loo trip. They went with Alex at 10pm just as I was getting into bed. Both times I dripped all the way to the bathroom and sat on the loo for ages with it pouring out, but still had to take a bin bag to sit on to get to hospital. I didn't get any contractions with either, but spent the day walking round hosptial with Charlotte trying to get things moving. I ran out of clothes and ended up looking as though I'd wet myself :oops:

My waters went at home a couple of hours before my contractions started. I was the same as Steph. Just a pop sensation and I went to the loo and it just dribbled out for a few seconds (no gush!!)
I have seen someone who's waters went outside Iceland. She did gush!! But people just want to help so don't worry about it. My OH is a retail Superstore Manager and he's had a couple of women who have gone into labour whilst in the shop. He sends them a bunch of flowers!! Used to send them a 25pound baby hamper but they're too tight now!!
lol :lol:

:oops: i was induced with my daughter due to some complications :( but im now 38wks and im dreading it ........just hope im not alone :oops:

When my waters went I was sitting on my bed. It trickled out at 1st, I thought I was peeing myself :oops: lol. But everytime I moved or stood up it would gush out, would have been obvious to other people if I had been outside :shock:

Rachel xx

My waters didn't break until I was fully dialated and so was in hospital, it was like a big gush onto the bed. I didn't really think about my waters breaking so didn't stop doing everyday things - however after they did break, I was so thankful that I wasn't out in public as it would have been really embarrasing :oops:

Xxx

Midwife broke my waters in hospital, it hurt and there seem'd to be alot of water. It soaked the bed :oops: But at that point I dont think I could have cared, was having gas & air. I just thought i pee'd :oops:

Mine were broken by the midwife, felt a pop then they gushed out 9felt really weird). IO remember asking if there was any meconium in them as her heart rate was dipping and being dead proud of myself for remembering such a long word :D

Mine were broke to start off my induction. I remember the midwife saying it's only a big gush if you are already dilated a little bit, for most people it's just a trickle if they break when you are on your own, especially if the head is engaged as it stems the flow.

Mine leaked for about a day and then I went to the hospital canteen and the rest just gushed out! I didn't know what the hell to do so just ran out to the toilet and when I got in there my mother in law was there! I was so embarrassed haha. I was soaked! :lol:

Mine went after an hour and a half pushing like mad. It felt like a burst and it went into a gush. After that each time i was pushing there was more water coming out too, I flooded the whole surface of the floor, i was carrying 5 pounds 5 of water you see :oops:

Was never expecting to go into labour even after 5 days over after my doctor's appointment. Woke up all wet, not too much though. Went to bed at 2, woke up at 4. If I had known beforehand I would have gone to bed a lot earlier. Made the 1st days difficult as I was soooo tired.

I was driving on my way to the accupuncturist, when I suddenly felt a "pop". I felt a bit wet, but thought it was my weak bladder. After my accupuncture session, we went shopping. I then realised that my waters had broken, but was luckily, only trickling out. I went into labour 3 hours later.

Thankfully, nothing embarrasing!

Emilia xx

mine went in hospital i got up to go to the loo and had a massive gush, i continued to have gushes about every half an hour - yes every half an hour what a pain in the rectum, i asked the midwife why as i thought they would only go once and she said the baby keeps renewing it so it would keep happening until she was born - i had to wear my maternity pads as i would leek through any others

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back