water birth

Sassyminx

Reaction score
mw came out today, i told her about my spd, she basically aint even interested :roll: said the physio knows nothing, and itll go when im not pregnant..... like i hadnt already gathered that :twisted:

asked her about a water birth as dont want an epidural as read about the spd and its supposed to be really bad for your pelvis and can cause irreversible damage.... ie needing an operation to stitch your pelvis together again after delivering the baby. The good news is that i can have a water birth as im considered low risk, because ive had 2 normal deliveries and i dont weigh over 15stone :shock: i had to ring delivery suite and book in to go along to a pool night where they show you the room and stuff, but i cant go for another 2 weeks, the day the midwife is coming round to do my birthplan typically :roll:

im feeling a lot more positive about not having an epidural, and having water to support me :D thats as long as my pelvis aint given way by then, she will probably tell me to stop moaning and get on with it :roll:

i really wanted a water birth but was really worried as my OH wanted to get in with me i was so scared of having a poo and it floating up behind me and him being sat behind me with this floater in the water :oops: :lol:

wanabamum said:
i really wanted a water birth but was really worried as my OH wanted to get in with me i was so scared of having a poo and it floating up behind me and him being sat behind me with this floater in the water :oops: :lol:

pmsl, the dads arent allowed in the birthing pool the mw said, she said its like a jacuzzi looking thing, so must be pretty deep :D i told oh about the having a poo in the water thing he looked horrified, cos i read somewhere you have to take your own net in to fish it out :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

wanabamum said:

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Your crazy Shell!!

Go for the water birth babe, sounds like a good plan to me!

I reckon you will really enjoy it, I suffered a car accident years ago and still get jip with my back and they recommended a water birth to me as its good for back problems.

I hope it all goes well for you when the time comes. :D

LMAO :rotfl: :rotfl:
My midwife said to me if i wanted him to get in with me he can also as my mum is a birthing partner aswell she could get in!!
yeah as if!! :rotfl: could you imagine my OH in his speedos and me mum in a swimming cozzi! :rotfl: then me sat there naked with this huge turd floating about!
NO i dont think so lmao! :rotfl:

wanabamum said:
LMAO :rotfl: :rotfl:
My midwife said to me if i wanted him to get in with me he can also as my mum is a birthing partner aswell she could get in!!
yeah as if!! :rotfl: could you imagine my OH in his speedos and me mum in a swimming cozzi! :rotfl: then me sat there naked with this huge turd floating about!
NO i dont think so lmao! :rotfl:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Yes...erm wouldnt be the most comfortable of situations would it!

Everyone would need to be careful where they put there hands :shock:

Seems stupid to have a weight restriction on this! I would have thought it was easier for larger ladies to move into different positions if they are supported by water.

I would be interested to hear their rationale for this

I am well and truely over 15 stone and have planned a water birth and the mw is very happy with that......... she never mentioned my weight might be a problem - even when I mentioned that i was considering a home waterbirth she was very supportive...

Fiona said:
I am well and truely over 15 stone and have planned a water birth and the mw is very happy with that......... she never mentioned my weight might be a problem - even when I mentioned that i was considering a home waterbirth she was very supportive...

Perhaps im being thick here but why is there a weight restriction??

Fiona said:

just out of curiosity are you classed as high risk pregnancy then? as i know that if your bmi is over 30 they auto class you as high risk, well thats what the mw said anyway

bizarrely not ...........

even though I have a high bmi and this is my first pregnancy and I will be a couple of weeks off 41 years old..........

I have had sevral different mw as the one at my surgery is on long term sick and the have several different ones from other surgeries coving.... I have spoken to each and everyone about my weight and age and they all said that I am still classed as low risk as I am fit and healthy and never had any sickness apart from the general coughs and colds of life.

as I said, I have even thought about a home birth and all the mw's have been really supportive, not one has hesitated at any time...

I have heard though that the mw's at my local hospital really believe that homebirths are the best and therefore will really support you to have a home birth if you want one.

seems to vary from place to place though... guess I am lucky to be where I am... I think the only thing extra that I am getting is a 34 weeks growth scan - this is meant to be because of my age and that it is my first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miamie50
Back