Water Birth Experiences?

I had a fabulous water birth with my second daughter - she was born in the water, it was fantastic for pain relief and I would highly recommend it!!

I have no comments on a water birth from the experience side of things, but I adore the idea of one.

I did want to say that during labour I puked the entire time, peed on the floor when transferring to the antenatal ward to the labour ward because of the pressure of the baby descending, and pooped during pushing. This was an induced labour, with epidural. My partner saw it all. He even cleaned up my pee from the floor!

In that moment, I promise you, you won't have a care in the world about pooping, whether you're in a pool or not. It was a bit embarrassing afterwards when he told me he saw the poop because I had no idea but I shrugged it off as 'DUDE I pushed a human out of my body', so just tell your partner to never tell you!

Fingers crossed you get the water birth <3

I have no comments on a water birth from the experience side of things, but I adore the idea of one.

I did want to say that during labour I puked the entire time, peed on the floor when transferring to the antenatal ward to the labour ward because of the pressure of the baby descending, and pooped during pushing. This was an induced labour, with epidural. My partner saw it all. He even cleaned up my pee from the floor!

In that moment, I promise you, you won't have a care in the world about pooping, whether you're in a pool or not. It was a bit embarrassing afterwards when he told me he saw the poop because I had no idea but I shrugged it off as 'DUDE I pushed a human out of my body', so just tell your partner to never tell you!

firstfreakout - I'm not sure if i should have laughed at your story or not but i am afraid i did....I have a friend who is 6 months pregnant and she is absolutely horrified at the fact she may poop while pushing the baby and the thought of her partner seeing. On the other hand it honestly wouldn't bother me if i did it or if my partner saw it. Its just nature after all! x

firstfreakout - I'm not sure if i should have laughed at your story or not but i am afraid i did....I have a friend who is 6 months pregnant and she is absolutely horrified at the fact she may poop while pushing the baby and the thought of her partner seeing. On the other hand it honestly wouldn't bother me if i did it or if my partner saw it. Its just nature after all! x

You're absolutely allowed to laugh - it's hilarious. When I asked if OH saw the head as I was pushing (before the suction was involved) he said he didn't look because he'd already seen to much by that point :rofl:

I think they forgive us and try to make it less embarrassing because we're giving them an amazing gift of a squishy kiddo :)

I could have it but was in such a pain i did not want anymore. I regret

Haha! I did not get my waterbirth sadly as the center was sooo busy I didn't even get a labour room at all or any pain relief until past 8cm when they had to move another lady progression slower than me out to get me in lol! I was on a small sofa in the visitors lounge until then trying to scream as quietly as possible so I didn't disturb the other labouring women arriving and having to walk past on their way in lol! Thankfully everything went really well, getting gas just before pushing was a god send.
And yes I did poop, stupidly the night before I forced down a spicy pizza to try and bring on labour (as well as squats and pumping, must have worked lol), and despite being sure to empty my bowels before going to the ward the pizza was still successfully delivered on the bed just before DS &#128514;&#128514; and no I really couldn't care less at the time lol! I told DH what happens in the Labour room stays in the Labour room and shal never be mentioned again &#128514;
The things we have to go through haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back