water birth.. hired or bought pool? *updated with a pool!!!

lisa&alex

Reaction score
hey everyone.. im haivng a home birth hopefully and wondered what peoples experiences of water births were.. and where you bought or hired your pool from...???

i borrowed mine from my friend who bought hers off birthpoolinabox. i just had to buy a new liner for it.
it was fab loadsa room and really sturdy. id so recommend them.

I bought a birth pool in a box with my sister, we went halves on it because she was pregnant too and we were both planning home waterbirths. I didn't get to use it in the end but she did, she said it was fantastic. Hopefully I'll get a chance to find out next time! I looked into hiring one but it would have cost as much as buying one so I just bought it in the end.

http://www.birthpoolinabox.com

not fair i want a friend i can borrow off.. humff lol

i hired one last time it cost over £200 and i never got to use it.
this time if i can have it at home then im gonna get a birth pool in a box and re sell it on ebay after.

I bought a birth pool in a box from the Good Birth Company with a friend who was also planning a home water birth a couple of months before me.

We both had successful home births - I laboured and birthed in it and she laboured in it. Like trixi, we just bought an extra liner.

Valentine Xxx

my neighbours daughters pregnant.. and has asked me if we can go halfers on a birthpool in a box + extra liner... so thats £55 each.. which is good.. but then looking on amazon.. ive found this

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Splash-Play-Lif ... 99&sr=8-14
and they also have a bigger one to.. 180cms x 60cms

delivered it would be £27.. so im kinda stuck on what to do.. birthpool in a box.. would be sturdier for al to sit on.. me lean on etc.. but then for 25 quid diff.. does it matter?

all opinions greatly recieved..:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back