washing stuff

nmf1987

Reaction score
right might sound silly but what do you all wash before baby arrives.

i am going to wash all his clothes before he wears them but should i wash all blankets, muslin etc.

also am i going to the extreme with my cleaning needs. i want to clean everything. i know we need it clean but i want to do everything like repaint everywhere, scrub from top to bottom.

just feel its needed before he arrives but everyone thinks im mad. they say aslong as its clean and tidy its fine. xxx

I'm sneaking in from Tri2...ooooops!

I am deffo going to wash everything, clothes, blankets etc want to make everything smell fresh and shove loads of softner in so the blankets are lovely and soft :)

I've had the cleaning bug for ages but like you I was thinking about doing some glossing and painting the other day lol! Don't know if I will actually do it though, but am all about the spring clean! x

i have to paint the kitchen and lounge at least but then i think if im going to do that might aswell do the bathrooms. plus painting babys room.

i have wanted to repaint for ages though not just since ive been pregnant but now i want to do it even more. xxx

I've washed most things well the first few sizes anyway. Going to do the blankets this weekend. I've had some painting done because I only moved in December. I scrubbed my room walls, doors, skirting boards etc. The Livingroom needs done too. I'm sure you don't need to paint everything but if you want to why not. It's nice when its newly painted and fresh :)

the problem ive got is oh is at work everyday but sunday and monday. he is at a stag do this weekend in cardiff so nothing being done then. then royal wedding weekend we are house sitting for my parents so we can feed the dog. lol.

argh wish i could do more. xxx

lol You are not mad....well not alone in your madness anyways!

I went on a mission after my second hospital stay and have washed everything, clothes, muslins etc just incase....As baby is going to have the muslins near their face for winding etc they need washing as far as I am concerned - they are a bitch to iron tho!!!!

We are also currently going thru the house room by room painting. OH is off this week and purposely booked the week off to paper and paint the kitchen!

We just want it all to be clean and tidy xx

Last edited:
I have washed everything from 0-6 months, and washed all my blankets and sheets etc, and gave the pram and car seat a good scrub, I think I may be a bit OCD though :lol: xx

I'm going to wash all of his clothes and blankets and bedding etc. I keep going in cleaning moods. I cleaned out all of the kitchen the other day and made room for bottles and steriliser etc. xx

Lol, it’s not just you hun, I also have the “lets repaint the whole house” bug!
It looks so much better, fresher and brighter once it’s been repainted, so that’s what I’m hoping to start soon.
Have also been on a bleaching mission, with the skirting boards and door frames J
As for his clothes, I’m going to wash all his clothes, blankets, bedding etc, but not just yet, as haven’t got his furniture, so have nowhere to put anything, everything is currently in bags and boxes in our bedroom, be glad when it’s all sorted!!
xx

the problem ive got is oh is at work everyday but sunday and monday. he is at a stag do this weekend in cardiff so nothing being done then. then royal wedding weekend we are house sitting for my parents so we can feed the dog. lol.

argh wish i could do more. xxx

I really wish I could do more too, like paper and paint the nursery NOW! Haha. I'm also so so so tired! But hey Ho must get on

thank goodnes its not just me. just want it clean and tidy. my oh is a horder and keeps everything.

just sold alot of stuff on ebay to get rid of it.

im just waiting for the cotbed to be delivered then going to attack the kitchen. although have no paint so going to have to do it all again anyway. xxx

yeah im going to wash all his stuff but waiting for wardrobes as no point doing it to put it back in bags etc. xxx

I have storage boxes with lids - keeps them smelling lovely and fresh!

This is going to sound mad - but becareful that the wood in the babys furniture does not steal the freshly washed smell lol xx

Last edited:
haven't got the cleaning bug yet...just know I need to clean and hover the car thoroughly before the big day..

The only things i'm washing are the couple of second hand outfits i've bought from a sale me and my Cousin go to and his bath towels and muslins (to make them soft).

I don't see the point in washing new clothes, they're new! Plus if they shrink before he gets to wear them I won't be pleased!! x

I have storage boxes with lids - keeps them smelling lovely and fresh!

This is going to sound mad - but becareful that the wood in the babys furniture does not steal the freshly washed smell lol xx

yeah our new furniture is all you could smell when it first went up lol
I am still opening the windows every day to clear the smell completely lol

The only things i'm washing are the couple of second hand outfits i've bought from a sale me and my Cousin go to and his bath towels and muslins (to make them soft).

I don't see the point in washing new clothes, they're new! Plus if they shrink before he gets to wear them I won't be pleased!! x

Im with you on the clothes etc, the way i see it is they are new, and i like new clothes smell lol so im leaving them as they are

we have decorated babies room (almost finished now) and we are doing a couple of finishing off bits in the kitchen as well, plus i have an urge to paint the hall way downstairs for some reason so think we will do that one weekend

and hubby suddenly has an obsession with doing our drive before the baby comes, i think he is worried he wont get round to it otherwise, so i think we will be doing the drive too

well ive done the top of the kitchen cupboards. cotbed has just been delivered and i have spoken to vodafone about upgrading my phone to an iphone 4 which is now being delivered tomorrow.

all go. stopped for lunch and then back to attacking the inside of the kitchen cupboards and working down the sides to the floor. xxx

Haha ur mad, I'm not washin nothing
unless it really needs it, in 10 weeks I'll av a mountin of washing hahaha

right might sound silly but what do you all wash before baby arrives.

i am going to wash all his clothes before he wears them but should i wash all blankets, muslin etc.

also am i going to the extreme with my cleaning needs. i want to clean everything. i know we need it clean but i want to do everything like repaint everywhere, scrub from top to bottom.

just feel its needed before he arrives but everyone thinks im mad. they say aslong as its clean and tidy its fine. xxx

God Nadia, I think you got my nesting too!! I never got it at all :-(

I just don't like the idea that in the shop a load of strangers could of been touching and mauling all the baby clothes and maybe not washed their hands etc so deffinately want to wash everything x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back