Washing baby clothes?

Bek234

Reaction score
Is everyone washing everything before baby comes?
I've washed all the second hand stuff and a lot of the new stuff.... How important it is that the new clothes and blankets are washed? And what about knitted stuff? X

Tapatalking. X

My mum washed and dried everything for us, even new stuff and I'm so glad I let her cos the amount of dressing that came off the new sheets & blankets was shocking!! There was so much fluff!! It was a scary thought that baby could've breathed it in!! So personally I would definitely suggest washing everything!!

Yes I will definitely do bedding, but thinking the clothes...
More bout 3-6 and 6-9 sizes too as I have done/will be doing all the newborn items.
Didn't realise there might be fluff to come off everything, will defo be looking out for that.

Knitted items I'm worried about ruining them before she gets chance I even wear them.

X

Tapatalking. X

I have washed everything, from bedding to socks! Lol I loved the excuse to play with his clothes haha

As far as washing the knitted stuff, my washing has a 'delicate' spin cycle. But if yours doesn't you should wash them on a cool wash for a short cycle. Then if you have to, reshape and lay flat to dry or just pop over a clothes rack :D

x x x

The laundry is my fave chore and I was so excited about washing the baby stuff. I bought a new airer and everything :lol:

I waited until 37w (it was fist day of my maternity leave actually) and then I went to town... Seeing all the little bub's stuff drying made me go "awwww" a hundred times a day.

I didn't use any special cycles for wool but we only had a few woollen items.

We were team yellow too so we didn't have that much stuff, we had plenty but not as much as we could have.

I washed everything!

I would say not to wash too early though as you'll end up needing to do it all again.

xxxxxx

I've washed everything and don't forget to use non-bio

Hope you are all keeping well xx

I've not washed everything, only a few bits that friends gave us, even tho they were already clean I just wanted them to smell of our house :) haha x I think il wash it all tho when I'm around 38 weeks and desperate for her to arrive!! X

I still haven't washed everything!!! Should probably get a move on!!!

I havnt washed anything yet but think I'm going to washin baby clothes I'm taking in hospital bag this week then slowly get rhough the rest when I get chance :) x

Ive washed everything.. even bigger sizes clothes that are packed under cot in storage boxes lol.
Ive washed all this blankets and towels, socks, hats EVERYTHING!

Even some of his toys that have been given to us lol.
All ready and waiting xx

Ever since I came out in a rash after wearing a brand new bra, I always pre wash everything. So yeah, I wash all new baby clothes too.

----------------
baby giz born 6th Feb 2011
next one due 12th Aug 2013

Yip I'm washing everything! Mainly because I want everything to be fresh and I want to organise it all! Also it'l all smell AMAZING everyone will love cuddling her hehe xx

If your worried about ruining the knitted stuff, ask the person who knitted it. A lot of knitters wash their stuff before giving it as they are conscious of the fact their hand may have been mucky while knitting.

(I only discovered this after my aunt got annoyed that her DIL washed a shawl - she was quite offended that they would have thought she'd gifted it unwashed!)

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

I've only washed a handful of stuff because I'm still worried she will come out a boy :S x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back