Was each subsiquent labour easier?

Mervs Mum

Reaction score
well so far mine have followed this trend - #2 was a breeeeeaze compared to #1.....

So is my next going to be even easier????? :pray:

do hope so! they say they get easyer anyway aparntly ur 2nd is supposed to be half the time of ur first! im in for 3 hours this time if thats the case!

Last edited:
mine was not , harry was my longest and worse they where all bad for :( i thought the more you have the faster the labour , not for me tho :( but everyone is different , :) xxxxx

My first was 16 hours and the second was 6 hours active labour. I'm hoping this one flies out like a bullet! :D

Oh and my mate arrived at the hospital to have her 3rd at 12.25 and had her at 1.05!

My first was 16 hours and the second was 6 hours active labour. I'm hoping this one flies out like a bullet! :D

You are?! :shock:

:rofl:

I can't really say my second was easier as I had to be induced, so it was completely different. It was shorter - about 9 hours, compared to 49 hours the first time :lol:

flippin eck! I was induced first time and that felt loooong at 16 hours!

The last bit went quite fast with Sam though - I had over 24 horus stuck at home with contractions over a minute long and 4-6 mins apart but they weren't regualr enough for them to let me come in (I'm glad they didn't now but I was convinced he was about to pop out at the time :lol:)

My waters went at 4am ish and pains started about 6/7am. They werent bad enough to need any pain relief till about 3pm and things really got going about 7.30pm....she was born at 9.16 :cloud9:

well thats less than half the time! i might be in for a fun time when harry cums eh! hope i make it too the hospital :rofl:

Rhys was 2hr 40min, Ffion was 25mins!!!!!!!

id be afraid to have another through fear of giving birth on the kitchen floor! :rotfl:

LOVE IT Tezzy!! I want 1 hour max this time! :lol:

Hmmm well I went naturally with Em and that was awful about 19hrs or something equally as stupid!!

Was Induced with Jack and it was fantastic, went in at stupid oclock in morn had gell about 10 am and had him at 6.45pm
It only took 7 mins of pushing which was fab.

MM it could be like a pea down a drain pipe now :lol:

Hubby reckons I pushed for about 6 contractions this time. #1 had to be dragged out with the salad tongs....:lol:

I keep talking about staying at home as long as poss this time and he's :shock:

:rofl:

My first was 36 hours (12 hours active) an hour and 10 mins of pushing and my second 15 hours (5 hours active) 3 pushes and out he came. so i am hoping for a nice quick labour this time and the baby will just pop out after one push :) xx

My first was 36 hours (12 hours active) an hour and 10 mins of pushing and my second 15 hours (5 hours active) 3 pushes and out he came. so i am hoping for a nice quick labour this time and the baby will just pop out after one push :) xx
Wow just don't cough too hard at the end :lol:

I was saying im gunna stay at home for as long as i can too, im just worryed my mum and amy wont make it up here in time because i live an hour n half away from them! and amys ment to be watching charlie when i go to hospital! i'll end up having to take him with me or somthing!

1st (35 weeks)28 hours ended in emergency c/s
2nd (14 weeks)9 hours with the son we lost :( long and hard labour gas/air & pethidine
3rd (35 weeks)was in hospital on bedrest, woke with pain at 1.30am, Miss was born at 3.37am totally gorgeous labour and hardly felt a thing with gas/air
4th (31 weeks) went into hospital with kidney infection, was waiting on dr to come and see whether they were admitting me; went to bathroon at 7.30pm (waters broke on the way back) and madam was born at 9.18pm :D Very quick birth, so quick I fainted 3 times over the next 2 days :lol:
5th (28 weeks) waters went at 27 weeks so was in hospital for 5 days when had pains start at 5.30am and Sir was born at 7.57am :) Nice birth too but obviously worrying because of gestation
6th (35 weeks) had went into early labour several times so they brought me in on my birthday (5 days before Katie was born) I was having pain, convinced it was labour yet I wasn't dilating and nothing was showing on the monitors. Anyway they told me at 9.30am I wasn't in labour and they were waiting on the dr to send me back to the ward. At 10.30 I sent my hubby to get a nurse, examined and was 4cm and Little miss was born at 11.57am :D hardest labour and birth :(

Last edited:
i friggin hope it's easier this time! i was 23 hours with katie, i was pushing for about 2 hours :shock:

and i was convinced it would be dead quick cos my mum was 2 horus with me and an hour and half with my sister!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back