2nd time round easier?

Discussion in 'Ask a Mum!' started by kellysomer, Dec 20, 2007.

?

Was you 2nd labour easier than your first?

1. No

2. Shorter but not easier

3. Easier but not shorter

4. Shorter and easier

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. kellysomer

kellysomer Well-Known Member

OK so with Isla i was in labour for 26 hours and i managed to labour exactly how i wanted. I didnt have any pain relief at all and the light were off etc etc. I was relatively calm and hubby was there, apart from the unimaginable pain it was perfect.

This time i am absolutely bricking it. I am so scared of a long labour again and dont know how i can cope, i normally have a high pain tolerance and strong determination (i did well in the army physicals) but every time i think about labour i go to pieces. If i carry on getting worse like i am i am going to need some sort of councelling before the labour, i worry about it a lot and cant get it out of my head.

Can i have your HONEST comments about whether it was easier 2nd time around and if it was quicker too?

Many thanks.

2. mrs_tommo22

mrs_tommo22 Well-Known Member

I love threads like this :D

with my lovely boy i was in labour for 33 hours, had an epidural, an episitmomy - hell loads of stitches and a baby with a large head :rotfl: I had some nasty PND after his birth as it was so traumatic and he had to br resusitated too as he came out blue and not breathing :cry:

With imogen I was in active labour about 3 hours with weak contractions all day, got to the hospital and she was born 45 mins later on just gas and air and no stitches required! and no PND! I was on too much of a high! The next day I was back to normal and felt fine downstairs and sex resumed after 5 days :D

I loved my labour with her and would go through it again no problem :D

3. kellie80

kellie80 Well-Known Member

With my 1st the labour went pretty smoothly. It was just long! From the very 1st pain to her been born was about 20 hours and i was pushing for about 50 minutes.
    With my 2nd I was induced so its hard to tell but from the 1st pain to being 10cms was about 6 hours and I was pushing for 4 hours. So a lot quicker but more difficult but I think that was more to do with being induced. My 3rd was 1hr 44mins :D

4. clairescunny55

clairescunny55 Well-Known Member

my 1st i was in labour 10 hours, pushed for 30 mins, had loads of stiches inside and out and she was 7lb 15oz

my 2nd i was in labour 2 hours, pushed for 10mins, no stitches, he was 10lb 7.5oz

i wouldnt say it was easier because it was so fast and it felt more painful because i didnt have time to get used to the contractions, they were 4 mins apart straight out of no where.

5. Squiglet

Squiglet Well-Known Member

That was like my first labour... This time I'm worried I won't even make it to the hospital on time :rotfl: :rotfl:

6. kellysomer

kellysomer Well-Known Member

Thanks guys for the replies, keep them coming..... :hug: