2nd time round easier?

kellysomer

Reaction score
OK so with Isla i was in labour for 26 hours and i managed to labour exactly how i wanted. I didnt have any pain relief at all and the light were off etc etc. I was relatively calm and hubby was there, apart from the unimaginable pain it was perfect.

This time i am absolutely bricking it. I am so scared of a long labour again and dont know how i can cope, i normally have a high pain tolerance and strong determination (i did well in the army physicals) but every time i think about labour i go to pieces. If i carry on getting worse like i am i am going to need some sort of councelling before the labour, i worry about it a lot and cant get it out of my head.

Can i have your HONEST comments about whether it was easier 2nd time around and if it was quicker too?

Many thanks.

I love threads like this :D

with my lovely boy i was in labour for 33 hours, had an epidural, an episitmomy - hell loads of stitches and a baby with a large head :rotfl: I had some nasty PND after his birth as it was so traumatic and he had to br resusitated too as he came out blue and not breathing :cry:

With imogen I was in active labour about 3 hours with weak contractions all day, got to the hospital and she was born 45 mins later on just gas and air and no stitches required! and no PND! I was on too much of a high! The next day I was back to normal and felt fine downstairs and sex resumed after 5 days :D

I loved my labour with her and would go through it again no problem :D

With my 1st the labour went pretty smoothly. It was just long! From the very 1st pain to her been born was about 20 hours and i was pushing for about 50 minutes.
With my 2nd I was induced so its hard to tell but from the 1st pain to being 10cms was about 6 hours and I was pushing for 4 hours. So a lot quicker but more difficult but I think that was more to do with being induced. My 3rd was 1hr 44mins :D

my 1st i was in labour 10 hours, pushed for 30 mins, had loads of stiches inside and out and she was 7lb 15oz

my 2nd i was in labour 2 hours, pushed for 10mins, no stitches, he was 10lb 7.5oz

i wouldnt say it was easier because it was so fast and it felt more painful because i didnt have time to get used to the contractions, they were 4 mins apart straight out of no where.

clairescunny55 said:
it was so fast and it felt more painful because i didnt have time to get used to the contractions, they were 4 mins apart straight out of no where.

That was like my first labour... This time I'm worried I won't even make it to the hospital on time :rotfl: :rotfl:

Thanks guys for the replies, keep them coming..... :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back