Walkers... are they worth it?

daftscotslass

Reaction score
I'm in two minds. I saw a lovely one on the Vertbaudet site and ordered it (a push along one that bubs can sit on too) but it's been withdrawn :( . I've been looking at the Chicco butterfly and DJ walkers but don't know if it's worth it? Becky loves to stand and would do so longer than I could hold her hands so I think it's something she would like. I'm just at odds choosing between getting a sort of push along one (M&P have a lovely horsey one) or one she can sort of sit in if you know what I mean.

Recommendations?

We have a Graco one - from babiesrus and it was £35 I think. Its got a steering wheel on it :lol:

Its ok BUT Finlay can't move in it on the carpet that we have so its pretty useless from that point. You should be ok as you have laminate

However he loves standing in it - will do for hours bashing the stupid music things :lol:

I wasn't keen on them to begin with but they are super when he's being a moan and wants you to stand him up and hold im all the time.

We have the same one as Bee (utterly useless on carpets! - but it's no problem for us as green bean just sits in it, legs suspended :roll: :lol: )

tbh I would be tempted to get one she stands against if she is relatively comptant at standing as a normal walker is unlikely to last that long - but I don't know your little girl all that well so if you think it will be a looong time before she pulls herself up then a normal walker is better (plus a little bit safer as she can't fall down :) )

SO basically I'm of no help :rotfl: as usual!!!!

100% worth it! i have a cheap one from asda £25. dont spend more than that on one its pointless, they're only more expensive when they have better toys on them but once they get the hang of the walker they're not interested in the toys on the walker in the slightest! they just wanna grab things in the room!

ky loves his, it takes him ages to get bored and want to get out of it as he has the freedom to go where he wants. it took him a while to get the hang of it he spent the first month going backwards! but now 3 months later hes a maniac in it!! forwards, backwards, sideways, 3 point turns! :lol: it wouldnt suprise me if he parallel parked it :rotfl:

im planning on getting one the wk end for summer :D

We have both styles and at the moment the sit in one is much better, we have laminate and Ella whizzes around the place in it! She has also got very good at reaching things from it though so nothing is safe!

The push along one will be great, but at the moment she holds onto it and pushes it, but hasn't realised that she needs to walk so just falls forward!

monster_munch said:
We have the same one as Bee (utterly useless on carpets! - but it's no problem for us as green bean just sits in it, legs suspended :roll: :lol: )

Yip this is what Finlay does too :lol:

Thanks all. Managed to get a new Chicco sit in one on ebay for £25 so if we don't get on with it we can always sell it. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back