Does anyone else not like their widwife?

AbbyJ

Reaction score
I really don't like mine, she's nothing like a midwife should be :( With all my other pregnancys I've had lovely mw's, really friendly , chatty and caring, but this one just isn't like that at all. She moans about running late because other womens appointments overran, she never smiles or chats at all, she just has no personality, it's obviously just a job to her, and not one she likes very much. I have hypothyroidism and at my booking in app she was sposed to order thyroid function tests along with my other bloods, as well as contact a consultant about it, but it turns out she didn't bother! I saw her for my 16wk check yesteraday and she pretty much told me to sort it out myself, told me to arrange a bloodtest at reception, and speak to my doctor about the results next week! It really annoyed me cos if my thyroid levels were wrong my baby could be affected, thats' why it should have been checked at the strart and as far as i knew it had been. She had a student in with her who tested my wee, and she showed her that the test stick showed slight signs of protein, but MW said 'oh no, that'll just be contamination around the rim. But I weed into a pot then poured it into the tube, so how could that be? But she's so unapproachable I didn't want to tell her that. The student also asked if she should measure me for 16 wks but she just said no. I'm so fed up I got her, i wish i could change but I'm worried it would be awkward if then I happened to have her at the birth, what a nightmare! :(

Last edited:
on my first baby i had when i was giving birth the midwife their was horrible to me it was my first baby and she just never spoke to me nice, i was in so much pain and i knew the way she was acting she just thought oh shut up moaning your only haveing a baby!! lol when i had the baby my midwife come to visit me i had new one after my lad was born and she was telling me i was doing everything wrong so we sent her out the door and told her never to come back lol x

Lol, good for you! With my last one I was living in a different area and the midwife did home visits, it was much nicer. She hasn't even asked me where i want to have the baby, I was hoping for a home birth but she's so grumpy i just know she'll be against it :(

Mine keep changing on number 3 now had a really nice midwife at the start but shes always on holiday when i need to be checked had a young lady this time she just seemed to rush and didnt know answers to questions i wanted answered just said ring labour ward which i dont want to as feel like a pain asking stupid questions lol hopefully my first midwife will be back soon.

I can't even remember the last time I saw mine, so I can't answer the question! And I'm supposed to be checked more regularly than other mums who are 'normal', too. So much for that. But I do not have the energy to ring someone up and explain how I feel..............................

It's not just me then! Honestly, it's s'posed to be a caring profession, I can't imagine why my MW chose that carreer!

My one is patronising and invalidating. She doesnt feel approachable. I'll be glad when I don't have to see her again. Also they're always rushed!!!!

Mines is constantly on holiday, I don't know how she affords it, I have only seen her like 3 times out of 10 ! x

well.. i havent actually seen my midwife yet, ive always had people filling in for her.. last time i went i had a young midwife who was about my age im sure and there was a student midwife who looked even younger than me and there was me going in with my second pregnancy! the sudent midwife was lovely but the actuall midwife wasnt as nice.. she made me feel like i was just another young mum just popping out babies.. hopefully my midwife will be available on my 16wk appointment..

I've never seen my named midwife yet, and have seen 5 so far! They've all been nice though so no complaints.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back