• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Waking in night STILL!

Keely

Reaction score
Hi

Just wondering if anyone has any tips.....

Ellis is still waking about 5-6 times a night, just moaning or crying till i hold his hand and he will go back off. He doesnt need anything, milk etc just to know i am there.

I moved his cot into my room because i am so tired with my pregnancy i just cant get up to settle him that many times!!

I am just hoping he will grow out of it before the new baby gets here!!! Will he?????

xxxxxxxx

aww keeley :hug:

does he have a night light or anything to comfort him?

Awww Keely, i dont know what to suggest, you must be so run down!

Olivia went through a stage of this but she wasn't waking every night we would get 2 or 3 nights on a row then she would sleep for a few nights and then she would wake again!

I had to get her out of her cot cuddle her for 5 to 10 mins untill she settle again then put her down!

Since the clocks went back she hasn't done it so im hoping she has grown out of it :pray:

I really do hope that your little man grows out of it before your little bubba comes :hug:

I don't know if it will work but my friend has got one of those musical things that turns on when it senses any movement and soothes her son back to sleep.

How long are you leaving him?

I'm not suggesting controlled crying BUT I would definitley give him time on his own to try and get back to sleep.
If he's moaning and crying a little I would just leave him, if he's very upset and loudly crying then go in.

At the moment he's relying on you being there to get to sleep. This will have to change one way or another, I would suggest going in, giving a cuddle, then leaving him awake. Now's the time to do it, not when the baby is here!

Gemz said:
I don't know if it will work but my friend has got one of those musical things that turns on when it senses any movement and soothes her son back to sleep.

I have one of these and they are great!! I would defo recomend it!!

what one do you have? I bought a bear that was meant to come on when he woke but it never did.

xxxxx

i had the winnie the pooh one but it kept turning on if jack dropped his dummy so it made a noise or if he coughed so i took it out! worth a try tho cos he did like it! it just kept waking him up which wasnt really the plan!

Aww no it soothes arianna back to sleep if she wakes up with it.

iv got tht and alfie loves it, i leant it to soemone though must get it back though because hes been waking up with his teeth recently i would reccomend it it is lovely and a lovely little soothing tune with lights send alfie off in minutes,

Hi Keely

Hows the little pickle doing? Is he still waking alot in the night??

Touch wood, Isabella has been sleeping through for about 2 months now. We used a controlled crying technique from when she was quite young so she is able to settle herself quite easily. Is it his tooth pegs???

Leorah does this when she is teething which is more often than not nowadays. I'm exhausted and I'm not pregnant so I really feel fo you :hug:

Does he have naps during the day?
We've found with Harrison if he doesn't have enough naps during the day he won't sleep through the night, my HV said the more sleep they have the more tired they get!

I agree with that Princess Puddles, Isabella sleeps more the more she sleeps - same with me actually :D

hi girls

He is still waking a bit at night more for dummy etc. I am moving this week so i will be putting the side back on him cot then moving the cot further and further away till he is in his room.

I think he is just a light sleeper like me! wish he was like his dad he could sleep through a world war!! xxxxxx

Hi Keely

Wot a little pickle!!! Does he need his dummy at night to get himself back to sleep?? Does he still have a bottle??

Am I seeing right are you 15 weeks now???

yer he needs his dummy but not a feed..... I dont wanna take it from him yet though cos its handy in the day when he is a bit grumpy!! hehe

Yep 15 weeks now! flying by aint it!! hehe... well not so much for me haha xxxxx

Have you been in the Adult area, that will cheer u up!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qwertyuiop33
Back