16month waking in night again

Keely

Reaction score
Hiya

Ellis has learnt to settle himself now after control crying at 12ish months, so now he has story and songs then he goes asleep.

But last week he has been waking between 2am to 5am and will cry and cry until i sit in the same room as him for about 45mins or put him in my bed. I thought he was cold so i moved his cot away from window but it didnt work.

Any advise! I do let him cry for a while but he will cry for over an hour and i'm getting no sleep, what with kyla's night feeds.

I was thinking about gettin him some kind of lightshow i can turn on to interest him into staying in his cot.

Keely xxx

Arianna started waking through the night for a about a week, but it was due to back teeth coming in... has ellis got this?

With regards to light shows, the winnie the pooh dreamland one (think it's called this) switches itself on with sound activation - we had it when Arianna was smaller and it worked wonders with her

Ella was teething (her first set of back teeth) at 14 months when Alex was born, she was waking up a few times a night then aswell. It will pass, and if he is teething then try calpol/medised at night. She used to guzzle down loads of milk in the night aswell and that used to help settle her.

You have my sympathies :hug: Been there done that (2 waking up in the night) and it was hell!

yes he has 4 back teeth coming through 2 are nearly all out the bottom two are just cutting.

do u think i should just let him come in my bed while they are cutting and hope he just stops waking? or do u think i should give up my sleep for a while and keep him in his cot.

Also i feel bad giving him medicent (SP) every night, should i?? xxxx

I used to worry about giving pain medication aswell, but if you were in agony with toothache in the night then you'd probably take a couple paracetamol to help, so I don't see why it should be any different for our little ones and why they should suffer unnecessarily (that's just my opinion though).

It's up to you whether you want to bring him into your bed - would getting up to give your other little one their night feeds disturb him? We kept Ella in her own cot and room, just used to go in and settle her (give her cuddles, milk and medicine if needed) then leave once she was settled. It didn't last forever and she's a superb sleeper again now. Unfortunately it's just one of those horrid stages for both mum and baby that some little ones go through.

I hope he gets over it soon and you can both get some sleep again very soon :hug: .

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back