• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Still waking in the night.

Rebecca, me and OH go to bed at 9ish usually, and Rebecca goes down for the night, apart from the odd grumble when her dummy has fell out.

I still have severe issues with putting her up to bed b4 us, I know I should to get her used to falling asleep alone, but I am still very frightened of the whole cot death thing, and think that if I am not in the room with her, something will happen. :cry: I admitt I have major insecurities that I hope wont rub off on Bex. :(

I have never tried controlled crying :think:

My HV keeps reminding me that 1/4 of all babies under 1 will wake in the night.

Mason slept through from about 2 months, Brody just doesn't. I don't see how letting him scream and scream for me until he exhausts himself is going to make me feel better.

My focus recently has been getting him to sleep on his own, in his own room at about 8.30pm.
Last night he was asleep by 9 and stayed that way until 3am. That's 6 hours...and for Brody that's very good.

I think CC is just ONE way to get the end result you want (and it doesn't work for every baby either)

If I had a 2 year old that was this demanding in the night, and i was giving in all the time, I can see how it would be like giving them sweets in a sweet shop every time. For now, he's a baby who wants a feed or comfort a couple of times in the night, I see it as my job as his mom to give it to him.

I'm not judging anyone, this is just the way I see it. :)

Urchin, I think Brody and Seren were in cahoots last night. I have been getting her to sleep on her own too( which some nights she will do no bother but others :shakehead: ), last night she was still fussing a bit so I would get her, cuddle her (I love it when she is being all cuddly) til she started rubbing her eyes and then put her back in. I repeated this about 4 times, getting her when she started to grump and the fourth time she was asleep when I checked on her. And she didn't wake til 4am :dance:

Kx I was the same with Seren, and I still am checking on her every 5 mins. Its why I am on here so much at night as the spare room with the computor in is next to her nursery. It is tough, but Rebecca is well past the peak stage (the risk peaks at 2-4 months). However if it is helping you to sleep at 9pm with her then I would carry on to be honest. It is obviously working for her as she is sleeping through fine. Perhaps when you feel more relaxed the nocry sleep solution could help with putting her to sleep on her own (or you may even find that she will do it by herself anyway as she has good sleep associations)

Great news Shona!

I think this way will really be the one for us!

I am sorry I feel that I got a bit on my high horse with this one don't know why hope I haven' offended anyone (see my other posts to realise that I am no 'perfect' mom by any stretch of the imagination).

K - Understand your issues I have got a monitor alarm thing which goes off it doesn't detect baby breathing. Had this for my first child and was really reassuring for me.

Lucy I followed some advice from a book the HV gave me for daughter. Basically we let her cry for 5 mins went in stroked head generally soothed her BUT did not pick her up when she had settled down a bit left room again and then went back after 10 mins repeated soothing process - left room again and then went back after 15 minutes. You get the idea. Basically it took about 1 hour for her to return to sleep on the first night and about 1/2 hour on second night and that was it she has slept through ever since except when she has been sick or teething.

I hope this helps. Good luck I hope it works for you!!!

I am sorry I feel that I got a bit on my high horse with this one don't know why hope I haven' offended anyone (see my other posts to realise that I am no 'perfect' mom by any stretch of the imagination).

K - Understand your issues I have got a monitor alarm thing which goes off it doesn't detect baby breathing. Had this for my first child and was really reassuring for me.

Lucy I followed some advice from a book the HV gave me for daughter. Basically we let her cry for 5 mins went in stroked head generally soothed her BUT did not pick her up when she had settled down a bit left room again and then went back after 10 mins repeated soothing process - left room again and then went back after 15 minutes. You get the idea. Basically it took about 1 hour for her to return to sleep on the first night and about 1/2 hour on second night and that was it she has slept through ever since except when she has been sick or teething.

I hope this helps. Good luck I hope it works for you!!!

Freya I don't think you offended anyone hun.

Everyone does things differently, I'm glad you found what worked for you!

you didnt offend me freya, i know that if that worked for me then i would use it, but we tried CC with joshua and he just ended up vomiting, then when we tried the next day he cried himself to sleep, woke up ten mins later still crying. that was it for me i couldnt and wouldnt do it.

DH wanted to do CC with Liam but after ten mins of screaming crying, i stopped it, caused a big arguement, but i am afraid that when it comes down to it i'm in charge. i will not let my child cry himself to sleep. i dont think its wrong for other people to do it, its just not for me.

i feel the same as urchin, as they get older they understand more and you can get firmer. same as joshua doesnt eat vegetables but he will be encouraged to eat them as he gets older (he does get encouraged now but we will be stricker as he gets older). nothing worse then forcing a child to eat something that they feel they wont enjoy, well thats my view on sleeping. sorry if it sounds muddled up, i am having to type whilst my boss isnt looking :lol:

Thanks for the link Beanie

Beanie & Urchin - when you were getting Seren and Brody to sleep on their own do you give them a dummy ? Olivia used to sleep 8-2/3 then feed and sleep til 5.30/6 and I could cope with that but recently she will go down at 8, wake at 10 for dummy, wake and 12 for dummy, feed at 2, wake at 2.45, wake and 5 for dummy ..... its so exhausting (I know you've all experienced sleepless nights, I know it's normal for a baby!)

Freya - I don't think you have offended anyone , thank you for taking the time to post how you went about the CC, I wont try it til Sunday but will let you know how I get on.

Lucy

liam went down at 8. i heard him moan in the night but he went back to sleep and woke up at 5.45, yippee :clap: :dance: :clap: :dance:

there is something in the air! oliver slept till 5 30 this morning.

jadie

jadie if theres something in the air, lets hope that they can bottle it. :D

Brody was a bit better, went down at 9, woke at 2.30 and 6.30

:shock: bayley had a whole of 3 hours sleep last night amelie got about 3 or 4 n i got zeroooo :( hope the somethin in the air goes away lol

luv b x

i dont know how you cope sometimes. in a way i'm glad i had c sections, because thats why i left big gaps, if i had had natural births i would have probably had them closer together, well joshua and liam. i can just about cope with them being 4 years apart let alone 11 months. :shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qwertyuiop33
Back