Waiting game is beginning

Girly123

Reaction score
Hey girls, I am new to this site and it seems a fantastic place for advice and support.

So a bit about me:- I am 26 and my partner is nearly 23 (currently 22). We have been together nearly 4 years and have just bought our first place
together. We aren't engaged yet but I am hoping that may happen in the next 6 months to a year depending on finances.

Anyway I have wanted children for a while and until now (owning place together etc) it hasn't even been a consideration. My real issue is that I was involved in a car crash 8 years ago and after it I didn't have a period for 2 years. It was going on birth control that regulated my cycle again. I had a million tests, blood tests, ultrasound, thyroid tests etc but they all came back normal so it was unexplained.

Anyway I have worried ever since about my chances of fertility and a year ago the doctor said if I wanted children I really had to start trying by the age of 27, latest 28 to give me time as they reckon it will take a long time and almost certainly will have problems.

Well now I am 26 I have been thinking more and after talking to my partner he has agreed I am going to come off the pill (1 pill left in the packet now) and we aren't going to try for a baby yet but we are going to see if my cycle will come back at all.

So I think I am waiting to activley conceive for at least another 18 months (hope to be married then). But coming off and recording my cycles for now.

I am scared incase I don't get a period for a long time or at all and I am also scared that in the heat of the moment we may not use a condom and the doctors will be wrong and then I fall pregnant. That would be the best news ever just I know my partner isn't completley ready for baby just yet and we both want to be married first.

Sorry I have gone on a bit here. Hope to get to know some of you :) xXx

Hi hun. Hope your cycles regulate nice and quickly, and you get that ring on your finger soon :)

xx

Thanks Hun. On my first cycle now CD3 so let's hope this first month goes quick and my next af appears soon after :).

Thanks for the reply x

Hi there and welcome!
That's odd about your cycles! I didn't have a period for a year but I have polycystic ovaries so at least I have a reason, that must have been frustrating for you!
There's a few of us lurking round this area of the forum, you should join the wtt chat thread :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back