Vomiting in labour

I was sick quite early in my labour at abt 4cm dilated. The mw brought me soup and when I said I didn't want it she told me I had to eat it, so I had 1 spoonful and threw up lol.
I'm not sure wat caused it though tbh x

Tapatalking from my blackberry!

I was petrified about being sick during labour as knew I'd just be on gas and air which I've had before and it made me ill - I wasn't sick at all though! Xx

I wasn't sick during pregnancy or during labour at all.

MY MIDWIFE TOLD ME BEING SICK IN LABOUR IN LABOUR WAS A SURE SIGN THAT YOU ARE IN' FULL BLOWN LABOUR'!!

I was sick in both my labours, 2nd a calm drug free experience and my 1st a crazy every drug going trauma!!!!

I was sick twice - both times after drinking lucozade lol.

I was sick in labour, which I found really weird as I hadn't been sick at all during my pregnancy. I didn't have any pain relief so it wasn't due to that, maybe as Corrinne says was just a sign I was in labour xx

during both of my births - I didn't feel sick and wasn't sick! even during the induction, epidural and whatever drugs they gave me with my son's birth!

i was only sick when i was on gas and air, gave me such a head rush at the start, but then i was fine xx

All three times I haven't felt sick but I did poop with two pit of three times (which I personally didn't like at all). Especially last time I even apologized to my midwife but she said it was normal an not a lot, apparantly most women puke and poop according to her so luckily I didn't have both.

I have exactly the same phobia and sooo scared of being sick. I've said explicitly to mw I want anti emetics as a matter of course. I will be extremely anxious and scared if not which I don't think they want as not good for baby. Someone at scan said its fine and ask for them at start and put in birth plan. I know there's lots of stories on here but try not to listen (I'm not - sorry ladies) my hypnobirthing lady is a retired midwife and said its not as common as people make out and can be to do with fight or flight and stomach emptying itself. She said being relaxed will help. For every woman that is sick there's hundreds that aren't - none of my family or friends were. Lets hope we aren't either :) x

I was really sick when I got into hospital. I'd had a hot curry to bring things on and it came right back up. Was horrible but, like everything else, you forget quickly enough!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I was sick a few times in the middle of my labour. I was on G&A, the contractions were coming 1 on top of the other with no break & I think my body needed a release if that makes sense? I felt so much better after each time.

I felt so sick the whole way through! But the lovely Mw injected me with anti emetics in the end

Xx

I was sick once in labour.

I think its quite common to be sick but if its something that will really worry you then def talk to your mw.

XX

I wasn't sick at all in all 32 hours I was in labour..Im emetophobic :(

I stayed away from eating full stop in the full 32 hours and just drank (which probably messed up my breast milk supply lol), i also stayed away from certain pain reliefs that are known to cause nausea...Like gas and air and diamorphine and stuff like that :)

The only time i felt sick was after they gave me the injection for the placenta when i had my c-section..I was then given anti sickness injection as soon as i said i felt sick..

I suppose they will give it to you if they think you need it or to make you feel a bit better :)

I was sick a few times in the middle of my labour. I was on G&A, the contractions were coming 1 on top of the other with no break & I think my body needed a release if that makes sense? I felt so much better after each time.

Yep, this was also the case for me. Had pethadine with an anti sickness drug but this wears off after 5 hours (the pethadine). Continued labour with gas and air only and think I was sick 3 times. Think it may have had something to do with the fact that I was in established labour for 18 hours with nothing to eat but had plenty to drink.

You will be okay...speak to your midwife in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back