Vomiting all her feeds..

Momma`Kat

Reaction score
Alanna has thrown up her last 3 feeds. Not just spit up but full blown vomiting the entire feed, with some force..

She is asleep now, but im worried now because she hasnt had a proper feed since 9am-ish

Is it normal for them to throw up? Is it cause she is taking too much? (Breastfeeding) The feeds she has thrown up havent been very long feeds, barely more than 5 minutes.

Oh and her breathing also sounds a lil funny.. nasal.. but its not all the time, on and off.

Last edited:
maybe she has a cold coming :(

or maybe she has gulped too much in one go......

or maybe something you have eaten has upset her. took me ages to realise everytime I drank orange juice oscar cried for hours x

Hey, Isla did this a few times when she was tiny, she didn't take a break when she'd taken in air resulting in all her feed coming up. I wish I'd known this!

Try stopping her mid feed for a break and see if she keeps it down. Is she a ferocious feeder? Isla was like she'd never been fed before! If she's not screaming the place down I would say she is fine, but maybe ring your midwife or the health visitor for advice. X

Hey, Isla did this a few times when she was tiny, she didn't take a break when she'd taken in air resulting in all her feed coming up. I wish I'd known this!

Try stopping her mid feed for a break and see if she keeps it down. Is she a ferocious feeder? Isla was like she'd never been fed before! If she's not screaming the place down I would say she is fine, but maybe ring your midwife or the health visitor for advice. X

I am having the exact same problem with Alex for the past few days he just brings up what looks like his entire feed then will always go back on the boob and is really really anxious which tends to stress me out.
I now try to stop after so long, wind him and then put him back on but still we get the sick and sometimes its about an hour after and it projectile!!

I am having the exact same problem with Alex for the past few days he just brings up what looks like his entire feed then will always go back on the boob and is really really anxious which tends to stress me out.
I now try to stop after so long, wind him and then put him back on but still we get the sick and sometimes its about an hour after and it projectile!!

Keep an eye on it as he could end up dehydrated. Momma kats lil Girl ended up in hospital for a day or so to get fluid in to her.

Keep him upright after a feed helps. Isla pulls off when she's swallowed air now, so maybe in time Alex will learn too xx

His nappies are still very wet and think the prob was still wind as gripe water worked wonders last night and was the first time he wasnt sick. Will keep an eye on it tho thanks x

~Yeah keep a close eye on him hun, i also got meds for alanna that make her digestive system work faster so that the milk is never sat in her stomack for too long so helps stop her throwing it up. definately try keeping him upright after feeds for a hal hour or so, helps alanna loadsa

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back