vomiting (formula)

youngmummy22

Reaction score
my LO has spit up 4out of is 6last bottles its pure milk not curdeled or anything he seems to be spitting the whole feed,hes setteled after hes been sick but i feel like hes going to sleep without food,should i wake im and try and feed him more?? and why is he bringing his feeds up,he never usually does

Noah kept doing this during the first few days at hospital. They said it was probably due to taking too much milk and not been enough room in his stomach.

The midwives used to get me to judge the amount of sick too (like low,medium,full vomit). If he was sick after a feed they didn't encourage me to feed him again, they just left it and said if baby doesn't seem distressed or hungry then he's fine. If your LO is starving then they'll definately let you know so I don't think it's anything to worry about. They did say however that if it happens a lot, to tell someone because they could dehydrate if it happens a lot of times in a row.

Sometimes throw up looks like its a lot more milk than it actually is once its mixed with all the stomach juice. I think if he was throwing the whole lot up he'd be after more almost straight away.

It sounds like he is bringing up what his stomach can't hold. How old is he and how many oz is he drinking per feed?

My LO was doing the same, however when it went on for over 3mths I spoke to my doctor about it. They didn't call it reflux but gave me infant gaviscon which didn't work. I then had to try numerous different formulas. When I had gone full cirlce I was then given carobel which really sorted the problem out... It is a milk thickener, if you have to go down this route, ask for it first as it is the solution that was the least hassle (gaviscon had to b measured etc)

hes almost 3weeks taking 4oz per feed..he was better today only twice he spat up a big amount..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back