Vitamins?

kazlin

Reaction score
Hi there everyone,

After a chat with OH yesterday we have agreed that I begin taking vitamins specifically for pregnancy. Folic Acid is the obvious one, but are there any others that would be really beneficial before I hopefully become pregnant?

We are not actively trying for a baby yet, but want to take the first steps in getting all the right vitamins into my system for a few months.

I think selenium is meant to be good. I'm sure its meant to help with thickening of the womb lining, which is better for an egg to stick to. But i could be wrong!!

I'll check and let you know!

Michelle x

Thanks Michelle, I will definately look into it x :)

Just had a look in my book and here are the vits that are beneficial to women:

Folic acid 400mcg
Zinc 30mg
Selenium 100mcg
Essential fatty acids 1000mg linseed oil or 150mg omega 6 and 300mg omega 3
B6 up to 50mg
B12 up to 50mcg
Vitamin E 300-400iu
Vitamin C 1000mg
Manganese 5mg

Holland and barratt have a half price sale at the moment!! The list is even longer for men!

I think a pregnancy multi vitamin should probably cover most or all of these anyway, like sanatogen or pregnacare.

Hope this helps,

Michelle x

Im takin Sanatogen pronatel, it has folic acid and all other vits needed.
Good luck when u do start TTC, hope u get a nice BFP quickly! X

Awwww thank you Rach9,

Best of luck with you too x :D

I only took Folic Acid but OH was recomended to take zinc.

We got our BFP after 5 months.

Best of luck to you. xxx

Hiya hun, that list is great, and dont forget he'll need to take some too to get his swimmers up to optimum performance and health, zinc is great but theres others too that someone might know more about.

I take sanotagen pre-natal too as it has all the goodies in it you need to prepare for pregnancy :D

Thanks girls, gong to buy some vitamins on Thursday when I get paid. You have all given me great advice :)

Jax, catch up with you soon babe x :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back