vitamins

Sparkle24

Reaction score
Just wondering do you take any vitamins or supplements in the help of ttc?

Is there any that you would suggest that we should start to take.

I dont take anything yet but have been thinking about trying something

Hiya Sparkles

The only supplement of any form I'm taking is Folic Acid microtablets.

I'm not sure that it actually helps with the TTC but everyone seems to advise it anyway!

xx

Hi, Im taking pregnacare conception. If nothing else, its really making my hair and nails grow!
Its a multi vitamin with folic acid and u take one tablet a day with food. Think quite a few girls on here take them.

I was taking folic acid but have recently changed to taking Pregnacare Conception instead.

Good luck in your ttc journey xx

I was taking folic acid but 2 friends who are pg have both told me their midwives said its really not that important and is a bit pointless so I stopped as I kept forgetting anyway!

Hi, I'm currently taking Folic Acid, it helps to prevent birth defects particularly in the brain and spinal cord, rather than helping TTC. It's recommended to start taking while you are TTC so that you are taking it from the moment of conception, then continue for first 12 weeks of pregnancy (possible at a higher dosage). It's especially important for me as I have epilepsy - it's been under control for 9 years and I don't take any medication, but this put me at a slightly higher risk, which is why my GP recommended I take the supplement, but the advice from DH is that all women who are TTC should be taking folic acid to make sure they are covered in those first few days before we get our BFPs.

Hope that helps.

Toni.

I was taking folic acid but 2 friends who are pg have both told me their midwives said its really not that important and is a bit pointless so I stopped as I kept forgetting anyway!

Hey cherryBinky

Folic acid is VERY important when you are TTC as in the first stages of pregnancy before you even know you are pregnant is when all the important parts of baby develop including spine develop, taking folic acid in the months before you concive greatly reduces your babys risks of developing defects like spina bifida.

I would be VERY surprised if a midwife told your friend this. When i had MC my consultant told me it was very important to keep taking folic acid while TTC again. If you have a look on the NHS website it will explain this.

Hiya - I've just started taking Pregnacare Conception Multivitamin. Its quite expensive but I'll try anything at the moment!!

i am also taking pregnacare conception xxx

Ditto using the Pregnacare too. DH is also taking Wellman Conception to help with the little spermies. Boots was having a 3 for 2 on all vitamins so we saved about £15 and got 3 months supply.

When trying to conceive it is important that a woman gets a portion of iron and folic acid. You get this by either taking pills or certain foods: Spinache, Lima beans and lentils. For men the vitamins C and D, Zinc, folic acid and calcium.

Hope this helps :)

pregnacare conception his and hers!!

spermies need the help as well as us!! cherry shocking that your friends didnt take any puting your baby under massive risk as nurse says x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back