Vitamins & Supplements

Discussion in 'Second Trimester' started by Gsygal, Jun 24, 2013.

1. Gsygal

Gsygal Well-Known Member

Hello ladies

Im 18 + 5 and was wondering about vitamins.

All throughout Tri 1 and TTC i was taking folic acid. I stopped this at about 13 or 14 weeks.
    I have also been taking Vit D every morning with breakfast.
    At the weekend I got some iron supplements (14mg) which ive been taking with my Vit D one (after hearig on the radio that it can help boost the intelligence of baby)

I eat meat, and I eat lots of fruit and veg (although not spinach, unless in a restaurant) i eat tuna maybe 1 a week (canned variety) and maybe salmon fillet every other week.

Do I need to take it if my iron levels are ok? (wont know until my next blood test, which i dont know when that is) but i feel ok, not tired, dont look pale or anything.

If i do need to take it, is 14mg + whatever I get from foods enough? THey do say we need 27mg when pregnant. so should i take 2 tablets? (does it work like that?)

thanks for reading.
    x

2. LeaAnn

LeaAnn Well-Known Member

Hey I also eat healthy and a wide variety, but I take Pregnacare vitamins. It's a one stop shop, and has all that you need x

3. Holly1991

Holly1991 Well-Known Member

I took pregnacare up to 12 weeks but made my nausea and vomiting a whole lot worse. I just take vitamin d now as that's what the midwife suggested :) s

4. Gsygal

Gsygal Well-Known Member

whenever i go to the chemist, they never have the pregnacare in.

i always remember the episode on Big Bang Theory too where sheldon tells penny that buying vitamin is just means you have expensive wee :)
    so always just tried to eat healthily.
    (saying that, we are having chip shop chips tonight for tea. ill go for the fish though ;))