Vitamins, Herbal Remedies and What They Do.

Thanks PeanutButter. Had a look at the Wellman box. It already has vitamin C and D. How much is too much lol?

When i got preg with this one me and hubby started taking 1000mg vitamin c and then a pre conceptions tablet which had even more vitamin c. That's was OK for us. We bought tesco slow release 500mg ones and took 2 a day. :)
I went to the fertility show and saw a dietion, she said vitamin D & C and omega 3 were the most important for mens sperm. I'll try and find the thread i posted about it for you. X

Just bumped it up for you. "Info i got from.fertility show" xx

Last edited:
Thank you again for all your help. I keep reading so many things and I want to improve our chances as naturally as possible. I just don't want to go crazy and start taking too much!!

Your body will get rid of vitamin c you don't need, you'll pee it out. Vitamin D though your body stores and doesn't get rid off so you can overdose on that. Xx

That's also helpful to know. Think I'm going to get us both on vitamin c and omega 3 to start with. We are not big fish eaters which doesn't help. Will also look at vitamin d so I don't overdo it.

Too much vitamin C supplements can put too much stress on the body....it's good to be careful. Even though you pee it out the kidneys still have to process it. It's easier for the body to handle vitamins from food sources.

Thanks Sunflower. I am cautious as I'm the sort of person who needed to be talked into taking paracetamol for a headache haha. I'm also working on improvements to our diets as I don't want to be just using supplements to replace what we should be eating anyway!!

Thankyou your a star

Wishing you well for rest of your pregnancy xx

Thanks peanut butter, this is brilliant! Writing a shopping list here! Xx

Just bumping this. I made it years ago and found it very useful again :):)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back