Of some interest perhaps...

chellieboo

Reaction score
found this on the web
http://preconception.com/resources/articles/herbs.htm

* Chastetree berry (Vitex agnus-castus): Stimulates the release of luteinizing hormone (LH) from the pituitary gland, which promotes ovulation. May restore normal periods in women with amenorrhea.
* Dong quai (Angelica sinensis): Commonly used to treat female complaints, dong quai tones a weak uterus by promoting metabolism within the organ, improving menstrual cycle rhythms and regulating hormonal control.
* Red clover blossoms (Trifolium pratense): This fertility promoter is rich in isoflavones, estrogenlike compounds.
* Licorice (Glycyrrhiza glabra): A Japanese study found licorice helps women with high testosterone and low estrogen levels, a circumstance commonly found in those with polycystic ovary disease.
* Black cohosh (Cimicifuga racemosa): Acts in same capacity as chastetree berry, but also contains isoflavones, which help bind estrogen receptors in the body.
* Wild yam (Dioscorea villosa): The pharmaceutical industry has used wild yam for decades in the production of steroids and hormones such as progesterone and cortisone. In its natural form, this herb may help prevent habitual miscarriage due to hormonal imbalance.
* False unicorn root (Chamalerium luteum): Useful for women who suffer from pelvic congestion. May prevent miscarriage due to uterine weakness.

And for the men:

* Tribulus (tribulus terestris): Used to treat sexual dysfunction as well as infertility. Balances and improves hormonal profiles.
* Saw Palmetto (serenoa repens): A natural steroid that tones and strengthens the reproductive system. This herb has the added benefit of increasing libido, a consequence that can be helpful when trying to conceive!

I found it interesting!

yeah thats of interest to me might look more into wild yam ....what ever that is :lol:

maybe not
Contra-indications/Precautions

Not recommended for use during pregnancy due to the hormonal effects of the product. Oral oestrogen supplementation may ****** the metabolism of the steroidal hormones within the wild yam.

Hi

I have been taken Chinese herbs this cycle and now i am having LOADS of cm (tmi) so maybe there is something in it??

Sarah

some of these things are in the herbs and herbal tea that I got from the acupuncture people on Monday- I will let you know if they work!

Hi Fothers

Did have you the acupunture?? I had it yesterday. It was my second go and i have been taking the herbs for just over a week. Take a look at my blog to see how its worked for me... I think its a thumbs up!!

Sarah

Hi sazzle-

I had acupuncture Monday afternoon and am booked in again for the next lot on Monday morning.

I have got herbal type pills- must be similar to yours- I have to take 10 three times a day- and awful herbal tea which is like a massive tea bag and a bag of bits- I have to boil both together for 30minutes and then drink half in the morning and half at night.

I have been feeling really down today- bit of an embarrassing emotional breakdown at work. I phoned the doctors to see what they said about the fact that I still haven't had AF and they said I had to wait another 6-12weeks and if I hadn't had AF to go back to them then :wall:

So- I will continue taking the foul tea and acupuncture and cross my fingers.

Your blog is really good- glad you find it may be helping already :hug:

Hi

12 weeks thats mad!!! I think getting your cycle back together will really help you. I found that after taking the tea (which sounds VERY similar) and the pill 8 x 2 3 times a day plus the acupunture i do feel more positive about things PLUS my cm (tmi sorry) is endless. I think it really does help. The Chinese woman asked me if i had enjoyed the tea this week and when i said it wsa dissgusting she just laughed a lot. I dont think i am alone on that one!!!!!!

Thanks glad you like the blog. Its just for me really as each month i forget what the previouc cycle was like and so i think it might help keep me on the straight and narrow.

Sarah

the chinese lady did warm me the tea would be nasty but said the worse it tastes the better it is for you! think my gran said that too :rotfl:

I am sure I will feel much better when my hormones settle down :hug:

After writing my profession on the assesment for i was wondering if she had put something nasty in the tea as it was already made up. Smelt like an old sample....yuck

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back