Found this....explains all the 'symptoms' we get!

hannah9000

Reaction score
Before ovulation your dominant hormone is oestrogen, which encourages endorphins (feel good hormones) making us feel up beat and energised. It also increases your libido, naturally making you more inclined to BD during your fertile time and increases the amount and quality of your cervical secretions. Good stuff all making your body ready to conceive.

AFTER ovulation the dominant hormone becomes progesterone, which increases the blood flow to your uterus, thickening the lining so the egg can latch on. It also supports and continues the pregnancy by not breaking up the thickened lining (having a period) and causes a rise in body temperature.

Because progesterone is specifically designed to ready your body for pregnancy it will give you all the symptoms of pregnancy. ie.

• tender swollen breasts
    changes in digestion, constipation, nausea
    softens ligaments making you clumsy
    lowers blood pressure making you dizzy
    acts as a diuretic, making you wee.
    If implantation does occur, the hormone is produced for another 12 weeks until the placenta is fully formed.

This means that REGARDLESS OF WHETHER YOU ARE PREGNANT OR NOT your body acts as though it's pregnant during the two week wait. Which is why we all drive ourselves nuts thinking we have early pregnancy symptoms when this happens EVERY month.

I am now convinced that we feel them because we are TTC and much more aware of our bodies.

That's so useful to know.. thank you! :clap: fab post

I don't want reasons :shakehead:

it makes all my symptom spotting pointless :wink:

lol fair enough! thought it would be handy to know though! :)

Excellent info and very well put!!!

TTC nearly drove me crazy with all those symptoms - and you're definitely right - they do seem much worse when you're aware of them!

:wall: :shakehead:

:shock: :shock: :shock:

I have definately noticed I get symptoms each month since I've been TTC.

Shame I can't remember if I ever had them before I was TTC!!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back