Breastfeeding a 6 month old - and Vitamin D

JJ Mum

Reaction score
Hi Ladies, just looked up how much milk a 6 month old should be having , and found this link

http://www.babycentre.co.uk/baby/startingsolids/milkat6mnths/

It says -

The Department of Health does recommend that breastfed babies older than six months have a daily vitamin D supplement of seven micrograms (mcg). The supplement comes in the form of drops. Your health visitor can show you how to give your baby drops.

Has any BF mum, heard of this before? any truth in this , anyone ever been told about this by HV?:lol:

Many thanks, JJ

Nope not heard about this nor been offered it. If they are on some sort of solids I suppose they get their vitamins from that??

ive never heard of that hun! im sure they get what they need from food though!?

Do you get healthy start vouchers??? From what I understand, there are vitamins that LO can receive free through the scheme if they are being breastfed or on less than 500mls formula milk per day. It's just to sort of "top them up" so to speak according to my HV. Layla doesn't need them though. I stopped breast feeding at 5 months though and am in the middle of making my mind up on whether to introduce the follow-on milk "just to be sure" as they do say it has all the relevant "extras" in that that she will need. It's all so confusing huh? xx

Nobody has mentionef this to me either. Going to see an HV on Thursday so will ask what they know about it. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back